Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon Nerve AM owners…
  • rondo101
    Free Member

There have been a spate of posts on here throughout 2011 from people saying they were buying a Nerve; here’s your chance to share your experiences.

Everyone knows how good the spec is but how do they ride? Geometry looks a little on the steep side for an AM rig, so interested how they handle when decending, especially on steep techy stuff. And any problems/issues you may have had or anything else you think important.

Ta.

spudly1979
    Free Member

hmm, +1 on the question! i’m dithering over a nerve AM at the moment – spec looks v good, but it is a bit steeper than say a stumpy. Plus i’m still a bit concerned over the direct sales bit in case anything goes wrong!

I did see a thread going about a poorly routed cable which was rubbing through the anodised finish on a canyon xc too…

stanfree
    Free Member

Ive got a Nerve 5.0 Xc but found It to be a really good ride. Its great at climbing and I recently went blasting down Deliverance at Glentress quicker than I have done before . its pretty confidence inspiring but to be fair It is my first Full suss bike. The only problem Ive had Is a knackered pop loc on the forks which Cullen at Canyon Uk is dealing with. As for poor cabling mine was fine and the frame is really well helitaped in all the right places.

jumping_flea
    Free Member

I’ve got the Nerve XC9. Took delivery a couple of weeks ago and have to say it is great. I have been round my local stuff and up to Rivi pike and it is fast on both the ups and downs.

TBH, the Nerve XC has a 69 degree head angle, but it felt balanced on the fast descent off the back of Winter hill and everywhere else we went. When riding the the HA doesn’t feel like it is as steep as the figures on the website make out.

I’ve got a Trek Remedy and I was thinking of keeping it, but I think unless I start doing some of the gravity enduro series, the only bike I need for 90pc of my riding is the Canyon

showerman
    Free Member

sorry little off mark..keep breaking my bikes in morzine so have just brought a canyon torque tdf special came yesterday looks very nice but 37.lb off to the peaks to give it a test.

godzilla
    Free Member

Not an owner, but having just come back from Tignes where you can test Canyon’s for free all i can say is WOW! awesome value awesome quality, im pretty sure that most haters have never slung a leg over one or are bike snobs.
    My lil sis has ordered one and i think more of our cru will follow suit.
    Torque is a banging bike 😈

rondo101
    Free Member

I’ve got a Trek Remedy and I was thinking of keeping it, but I think unless I start doing some of the gravity enduro series, the only bike I need for 90pc of my riding is the Canyon

Remedy is another bike I’m considering. The Remedy 9 has almost identical spec to the Nerve AM 8 (although canyon has XTR rather than XT), but it’s a grand more expensive. Crazy.

robodan
    Free Member

I’ve had a Nerve AM 7.0 for about 3 months now, handle really nicely on technical stuff.

There’s not much i’ve come across that it can’t handle.

I removed the large chain ring and put on a bash ring, mainly because the clearance wasn’t great getting over logs etc.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve AM owners…’ is closed to new replies.