Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon Nerve AM or XC – rear clearance for filth!
  • foureyes
    Free Member

hi, looking for a replacement for my depths-of-winter mud plugging bike which is an old Reign. anybody have any experience of a Nerve AM (or XC) in terms of absolute filth capability? cheers

Gribs

I wasn’t happy with the clearance with the stock 2.4 Nobby Nic on my AM but a 2.25 Nobby Nic was fine through the winter. When I knew I’d be riding in absolute filth I used my ht though.

foureyes
    Free Member

cheers, not sure how but ive ended up with FS for deep filth and a HT for damp conditions.

Hows the head angle? looks on the steeper side of slack for an AM bike which is going to end up ramming into hidden rocks in sludge.

couldashouldawoulda
    Free Member

/Edit – we were typing at the same time there/

Clearance seems good on my XC. NN 2.25’s and there plenty of room.

Lots of photos of the swing arm / tyres near the bottom of this page:

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12785308&start=80

Not had mine long enough to know about how the pivot bearings etc will last in the muck.

foureyes
    Free Member

great link thanks CSW

Gribs

I’m happy enough with the head angle but I came to it from a 2004 Enduro so I’ve never had anything slacker, but it does let me hit stuff much faster. Feels similar, but slightly better descending to a mates Meta 5.5 which I think has a 68 degree head angle but much worse forks.

foureyes
    Free Member

cheers all 🙂 good to know, have emailed about returns as looks like there is a 30 day return policy, would be good to check it out with some come-back

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve AM or XC – rear clearance for filth!’ is closed to new replies.