Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Canyon nerve AM 7 (2012) Main rocker question??
  • Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Currently running a 2012 Nerve AM 7, (great bike btw). Have recently had an annoying creak I cant seem to get rid of!

Creak appeared when laying some power down (in effect twisting).. Took swing arm assembly off, (cranks, mech, off too)
    Could replicate the noise on the main rocker.. When I slackened off the pinch bolt holding the split rocker together the noise went away. So…

Cleaned all bearings, regreased, rebuilt and retorqued with a “light” loctite.. 1 ride in, no noise. 2nd ride in – noise appears…

have spoken to Canyon, who werent much help – just reckoned I should grease the clamp joint (which I have).. So question is, do I need this pinch bolt? should I get agricultural on the rocker and have it tig welded together. (off the bike). Any other experiences ????

Dogsby

SJ,

I have just got rid of an annoying creak from my Nerve 8. It seemed to be the rear DT Swiss QR.

The creak has been around for ages and was driving me mad so I removed and dismantled the chainset and BB which seemed to resolve the issue but it came back. I could replicate the noise by pushing on the non-drive side crank with the brakes on. I then played around with and properley tightened the QR and all is blissfully silent again.

Not sure if this helps but I feel your pain!

Dogsby

skeetsgb
    Free Member

i had a similar creak (same bike) coming from the rocker area. eventually found out it was the bearings on the rocker (i had a look and they were just demolished). bike was still under warranty, so they said they would replace it, they picked the bike up, but instead of just changing the bearings they ended up putting a brand new rocker arm/triangle on the bike. so something was wrong with that, unless they wouldnt have replaced it.

now nearly a year on, ive a creak come back, though i thinks its coming from the BB.

off topic slightly how many spacers have you on your BB. Im sure the bike came with zero, buts its a 73mm bb so i thought it would have been 2 on the right, but it looks and feels wrong ????

Stumpjumper
    Free Member

Problem, Is that i’ve pretty much narrowed it down the rocker, Gonna take it apart again have proper look. Concerned as goin to bpw in a week!!

timidwheeler

Having removed the shock I have noticed that the rocker isn’t dead centred, it’s about 2mm out. It is currently with Canyon under warranty and I’m awaiting their reply. It’s has always had a very faint scraping noise but no creak and as it’s my first full sus I presumed it was normal.
    It was only because the servicing company made me aware of scuffing on my shock that I even checked.
    To be fair to Canyon they arranged an immediate collection as soon as I alerted them so I’m hopeful it will be sorted soon.
    Mine is the Nerve+ rather than the AM but I think they are very similar.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Canyon nerve AM 7 (2012) Main rocker question??’ is closed to new replies.