Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon Nerve 29er?????
  • jonnyrockymountain

Anyone riding these and any reviews? also any idea on bare frame weight? thanks.

Stoner
    Free Member

I built a nerve (around a s/h, but immaculate, f&f I got for £600) for my “France” bike.

It’s capable enough to get me down Les Gets reds and blues, but also be ridden up xc routes around morzine when I’m not using the lifts.

Nothing freaky about the suspension action. Frame is solid – I’m 95kg. No idea about weight though.

Good solid all rounder. Too much for my usual Malvern rides which I do ss / rigid, but ace in big hills.

Dropper post was a great addition.

bentiggerwyles
    Free Member

Love mine I have a large and rides brilliantly best bike I have had feels light enough to me for the abuse it can take

jonnyrockymountain

Any more thoughts from the evening crowd?

jimw
    Free Member

I have had one for nearly three years now. Great all round bike,and apart from an issue with the wheels when almost new which was sorted straight away, it has been faultless,but it isn’t the lightest bike out there.
    Mine is a large and with a few subtle changes to spec ( I changed the Avid brakes straight away) it weighs Approx 28-29lbs with pedals, reasonably chunky tyres, bottle cage, crud guard etc. it was advertsied as 12.2 Kg when new, but it came with thin tyres and no pedals at that weight.
    Having said that I have used it for all day events and it certainly doesn’t ride as if its a lump, far from it.

smitghga34
    Free Member

Had mine about two years, really impressed with it. I bought it having sold a bike ‘colection’ I couldn’t spare the time to maintain, so this is the One Bike.
    I hated the old ctd fox forks so swapped them for some 130mm travel forks.

Used it for multi day bikepacking in UK and abroad and has stood up to the abuse very well. It does get out of its depth a bit when it gets really rocky, but only what you would expect from this style of bike.

Not sure what the frame weight is.

obelix
    Free Member

Am looking at this for my next bike, but want the option of converting to 27.5+. Would rear triangle have cearance for 2.8″ tyres?

jimw
    Free Member

The seat stay bridge is a bit too tight for rear tyres bigger than 29 x2.4 so I wouldn’t think so

cheers_drive

I’ve had a 7.9 for 18 months. Amazing value for money, usual cockpit and tyre changes but other kit is good.
    Mainly used for xc around Thetford but was good at Afan and BPW. Much prefer it to my previous 26er Zesty and is as fast on smooth xc as my 29er HT.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Nerve 29er?????’ is closed to new replies.