Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon Headset bearings (Again)
  • stanfree
    Free Member

Sorry to bring up Canyon headsets again but I’m looking for help . My Nerve Xc 2011 model has disentagrated another bottom headset bearing , the last one came from Superstar and I would order the same one again If I could access my account. Anyhoo just been off the phone to canyon Uk who have tried to sell me a complete headset but couldn’t actually give any info on the bearing number. Going by the cane creek headset finder I ordered one of these which dosen’t seem to fit properly . Can Anyone please give me a link to the bottom bearing ?. The bike is just being used with the standard Recon Gold forks that It came with. Thanks in Advance.

wiggles
    Free Member

Look at the bearing that is in it now and see which one it is and buy one of those?

stanfree
    Free Member

The bearing that was in It was fell to bits and had nothing at all left to read , It looked like it had been salvaged from the sunken Mary rose wreck.

karl1824
    Free Member
    nickdavies

Don’t know how you got to your ebay link from the fit finder but that’s not what cane creek would recommend…

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/cane-creek-40-series-is52-40-bottom-assembly/rp-prod115643?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Shopping&utm_name=UnitedKingdom&gs=1&gclid=CJHK-4PCucICFaMewwodriMAvw&gclsrc=aw.ds

I think that’s the one you’re after.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks Nick , that looks like the one the bottom of the bearing definately needs to be bevelled. I think probably being totally inept and slightly clueless lead me to order the wrong one. Cheers for your help.

andy1973
    Free Member

Had to replace this on my Nerve AM and the superstar part was this one:
    http://www.superstarcomponents.com/en/type-2-headset-bearings-1-5-or-tapered-45×45-degree-x1.htm
    It that price you can think of it as a consumable!

chris_db
    Free Member

Whilst this is probably no help at all I just fitted a Works Components slackset to my AM and it has made a significant difference to the handling.

stanfree
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice I ordered the original Cane Creek one and then e mailed superstar to be told of the £7.99 alternative. I’m consoling myself that the cane creek one will be better quality being 3 times the price. 🙂

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Headset bearings (Again)’ is closed to new replies.