Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Canyon – Grand Canyon CF SL 6.9 – any reason to avoid / any alternatives?
  • fatmax

http://www.canyon.com/_en/mountainbikes/bike.html?b=3169

Hi
    I’m keen on this as my next bike.
    I’m an xc / wheels on the ground rider, looking for a bike for the Pentlands, Glentress, Innerleithen, Cairngorm trips etc.
    I don’t have a problem with Canyon – I have one of their road bikes and it’s been superb and they were great to deal with. I think the spec on this looks great value.
    It’ll be a 29er as I previously had a Scandal 29er (before it got nicked) that I loved, and I’m 6’5″
    However, does anyone have one and what do they think? And what other comparable alternatives do people have for around the same price that they are really happy with?
    Any thoughts appreciated.
    Fraser

MSP

One thing to watch out for is the dimensions from L to XL, the jump in seatube length is not matched by the change in top tube. Makes it a bit of a mess IMO, is as if they tried to squeeze 2 sizes into 1, and did it badly. Those figures made them a no go for me, when I was ready to pull the trigger.

Hard to match value and quality of canyon on price for a complete bike, although they are perhaps not as much of a bargain as they were a couple of years ago.

fatmax

Thanks MSP. From memory the top tube was near enough the same (635 or 640mm) as the Scandal, so I’m sure I should be ok…but I’ll double-check!
    Cheers

fatmax

a bump for the evening crowd?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Canyon – Grand Canyon CF SL 6.9 – any reason to avoid / any alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.