Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)
  • Canyon got there sh!t together yet?
  • bedmaker

Yay! My correct mech hanger has been delivered!
    To someone in Yorkshire.

I live in the Highlands.

Sigh…

carlphillips
    Free Member

comms has been good to be fair, when I’ve chased them.
    Just had an email back saying mine is being assembled and new delivery date is May 2nd, (original date was april 4th)….

feruggio
    Free Member

All the Canyon haters out there:) Yes, they got it back together (or I am just very lucky)

I placed an order for a Canyon Spectral at the end of February and it is going to be delivered next Tuesday (already dispatched), more than one month earlier than the initial due date (30th May). During these two months I had many questions and the staff helped me a lot with their prompt and fulfilling replies. Special thanks to Luca Vianello at the service center!

I know that 2-3 months is a long time yet I think Canyon offers the best price/value deals now days and it is worth the long waiting.

carlphillips
    Free Member

I think youve been lucky.
    an extra month on mine isn’t great…and no guarantee its going to turn up then!

TheFopster
    Free Member

@ferrugio
    Sorry but no, they are still a shambles. I ordered a Nerve last year (so long ago I can’t actually remember if it was in Oct or Nov). Delivery date was December.
    They HAVE communicated with me, to be fair. They emailed to say sorry but they have had to cancel the order. And then the next day to say that was a mistake and my order was still in place. Then nothing.
    I contacted them a few weeks ago to ask what the flip was going on and they said my order was “on time” and due to be shipped week commencing April 11th.
    Have a guess whether it has arrived…
    They are cheap but a shambles. If you need a piss up in a brewery you know who to call.
    Sorely tempted to cancel but the bike is perfect for my needs and great value. I may yet regret hanging on…
    German efficiency is a myth.

thesurfbus
    Free Member

So Canyon didn’t replace my full frame under warranty, but they replaced my chainstays, seatstays, rocker and bearings, and it was done faster than they quoted. Have just placed an order for a Strive CF…

arcadian
    Free Member

Had a mixed bag with Canyon lately – shapeshifter blew it’s guts but got a new one sent out after a 2 month wait. Went to fit it today and everything went fine until I realised that on the new version of the shapeshifter, you need a nut for the shock bolt to thread into – on my old one the thread was built into the shapeshifter body. They didn’t include any bolts with the new part though 😥 Bike remains unridden for almost 3 months now!
    That’s a pain, but they have always been good via email dealing with problems.

wwaswas

Bike remains unridden for almost 3 months now!
    That’s a pain, but they have always been good via email dealing with problems.

I’ll be honest: I wouldn’t care how quickly they responded to emails if I couldn’t ride the bike because of their failure to deliver an actual solution.

dookey

Went to fit it today and everything went fine until I realised that on the new version of the shapeshifter, you need a nut for the shock bolt to thread into – on my old one the thread was built into the shapeshifter body. They didn’t include any bolts with the new part though

Sounds odd to me, I had a 2015 shapeshifter fail, they swapped it for the 2016 shapeshifter, both used the same original teardrop shaped nut for the shock link, it’s not just stuck in your old shapeshifter is it?

Apologies if I’m talking about the wrong nut

arcadian
    Free Member

Sounds odd to me, I had a 2015 shapeshifter fail, they swapped it for the 2016 shapeshifter, both used the same original teardrop shaped nut for the shock link, it’s not just stuck in your old shapeshifter is it?

Haha, absolute lifesaver! Yes, much to my embarrassment, that as the case. It was totally wedged into the old shapeshifter, never occured to me to try and pry at it until I saw your post – thanks!

I’ll be honest: I wouldn’t care how quickly they responded to emails if I couldn’t ride the bike because of their failure to deliver an actual solution.

To be fair, they were clear and kept me up to date with what was happening – the shapeshifter arrived earlier than expected but was still a long time coming. Could have also fitted it 2 and a half weeks ago, but it arrived the day before I went offshore for 2 weeks. I probably wouldn’t have been as relaxed about it if I wasn’t lucky in having a dh bike and an old cotic bfe to ride in the meantime though!

dookey

Haha, absolute lifesaver! Yes, much to my embarrassment, that as the case. It was totally wedged into the old shapeshifter, never occured to me to try and pry at it until I saw your post – thanks!

Nice one, it’s a pleasure, hope it’s not too long before you are out on it again

prettygreenparrot

Bought a Spectral last year. Originally expect delivery in April I think. Canyon warned me when delivery was delayed together with a reason (which sounded like ‘we haven’t got the parts’). After delivery was bumped twice they offered a canyon Buff-alike as a gesture of thanks. That was nice. Original delay was 8 weeks. Then it moved to 12. I think in the end it became 6 weeks. if I remember correctly the bike came just in time for the Sam Houghton.

I’d ordered a spare mech hanger at the same time. It came packed with the bike and other bits.

Last weekend I bent the mech hanger on the bike. Replaced it on the trail with the spare. I ordered 2 new mech hangers from Canyon on Sunday evening. UPS tell me they’ll be delivered tomorrow.

The delays were pesky last year. Canyon were good with their communication.

sparkov
    Free Member

Thought I’d share my recent experience.

I ordered a Nerve at the start of May and it arrived 9 days after ordering but unfortunately the frame was damaged on arrival. Customer service was good and Canyon offered to replace the whole bike and also gave me a voucher to spend at their online store. The damaged bike was collected promptly, and a new order was raised for its replacement, however I wasn’t quite so lucky with the delivery time of the new bike – that took 5 weeks (which, to be fair, was on time according to the estimated dispatch date on the new order confirmation). I guess they must have an order backlog if it’s taking a number of weeks to build and ship a bike shown as ‘in stock’ on their website. Communication was good though, and both my orders arrived when Canyon told me they would.

plyphon
    Free Member

What was the damage, if you dont mind me asking?

Seems to happen a lot. Must get loads returned.

sparkov
    Free Member

It was fairly minor, just a very small chip on the paint, albeit somewhere obvious and through to the bare metal of the frame which is why I complained. Also a sharp protrusion inside the seat tube caused the paint to be scratched off the seat post when I first installed it. Nothing too major, but annoying to have cosmetic damage on a new bike of that value. I offered to keep it in return for some compensation but they offered compensation plus a replacement so I took them up on their offer.

Although I waited a while in the end, the bike is great and I’d seriously consider buying another despite the minor delay. In the end I suppose you get what you pay for – good bikes at good prices, if you’re prepared to wait.

Viewing 15 posts - 41 through 55 (of 55 total)

The topic ‘Canyon got there sh!t together yet?’ is closed to new replies.