Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Canyon Endurace – Thoughts?
  • prezet
    Free Member

Looking at a cheap new road bike update to replace my ageing Genesis Equilibrium. The Canyon Endurace seems to fit the bill nicely at around £1100.

https://www.canyon.com/en-gb/road/endurace/endurace-al-disc-6-0.html

I’m not after anything too flash, just something I can use to commute to work and the occasional evening ride through summer. I’m looking at this model as the geometry seems more relaxed, and after a shoulder injury last year I’d like something that’s a little more upright to take the weight off.

Apparently you can put 33mm wide tyres in there, do you think I’d be able to get some kind of CX tyre to fit, so I can take it on a bit of the local woodland and dirt paths?

I don’t really know much about road bikes so am I looking in the wrong place. Or should I be considering something else?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

If you’re buying something to commute on pick a bike my first criteria would be a frame that had mounts for proper full length mudguards. It doesn’t look like that does.

prezet
    Free Member

Agreed – my Genesis has them and they’re great, but thought the clip on ‘sport’ variety might be sufficient?

simons_nicolai-uk
    Free Member

Having had proper guards and clip on style theres no contest.

fifeandy
    Free Member

Clip on guards should first be beaten with a hammer, then ground to dust with an angle grinder, before the remnants are fed into a furnace.

rotten
    Free Member

I bought one to help me get fitter. Can’t compare it to anything else but I love mine, comfortable, fast and cheap. You wont be disappointed.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Endurace – Thoughts?’ is closed to new replies.