Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Canyon bikes: what are they like?
  • matt-lewis
    Free Member

Morning,

I’ve just seen the new range of Canyon 29er hardtails. Look great what are they like? Everyone happy with theirs?

Thanks,

Matt

geologist
    Free Member

They do look great, im thinking about the carbon canyon.

johnnystorm

Can’t beat the VFM regarding parts fitted, I think the size calculator came up a bit small for me. My Grand Canyon AL 29 was undoubtedly fast but felt like a utensil rather than something with soul. I replaced it with a Swift that I greatly preferred.

youngrob

One of my pals bought a carbon 29er HT from Canyon a few months ago and we can’t keep up with him (or keep him in sight) when he rides it. Needless to say he love it.

mcnultycop

I love my 2012 Nerve AM. Pretty much faultless.

sydney
    Free Member

Just got a Nerve AL 7.0 last month, I realize it’s not a 29er but I’m so pleased with mine.
    I went out with some good riders on Thursday night and I kept up with them, the bike never seemed to leave me wanting, can’t say the same about me. The circuit was not too technical but quite fast and undulating. The course was dry with no mud and we were out for about 2 hours.

You may have to wait a while for the bike, but mine was delivered when they said it would be, everything went together very easily and I was riding within the hour. Only had to pump the fox front and rear up.

hope this helps

curiousyellow
    Free Member

Have a Nerve XC 8.0 from last year. Love it. Canyon were pretty quick to sort out any problems I had with it. It turned up with a broken mech hanger, a couple of pictures and a new one was on the way and they paid for my LBS to fit and do a derailleur adjustment.

Bearings had to be replaced within a year which is looking more and more like par for the course for any UK full sus bike that gets used a lot. Did it under warranty and they had it back to me in time for a trip to Spain.

Would definitely recommend them. Currently saving up for a road bike from them.

matther01
    Free Member

Think there is a canyon sale starting 2 Sept.

matt-lewis
    Free Member

Cheers for all the feedback. It’s the Canyon 9.9 2014 SLX model. Looks great and 20lbs which is incredible. I know that the weight may be exaggerated though.

The sale has already started and last year’s equivalent has sold out. Thanks for all your feedback. anyone have a medium in south Wales, Forest of Dean area that I could have a spin on?!

Thanks,

Matt

bigpole
    Free Member

I love my Yellowstone 29er, had it since Dec last year, great bike, fantastic value, no issues with service. This is my second Canyon and not my last ……

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Canyon bikes: what are they like?’ is closed to new replies.