Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon BIkes Sizing (Chapter 48)
  • santacruzsi
    Free Member

After finally selling the Santa Cruz, I’m after a Canyon and have used the PPS system on their website to try and size up the best frame for me.

I put all my dimensions in and it basically says i’m a **** up and out of proportion! I know there are various threads on this, but here is a new one!

I’m 5’11 and it says i’ll be needing a Small. (Nerve) This seems well… too small for me! i emailed the UK helpdesk who said the Medium Frame size is 18.5″ and the large 20″. I’m tempted to ignore it and go for a Medium. Anyone else with bizarre experiences of this system? Anyone in the Stockport area have a Canyon I can cock my leg over in return for a few Babychams?

Huwzy
    Free Member

Had the same problem when I was buying my Nerve. I’m 5’10 with a short inside leg and the PPS told me I needed a small, I rang the UK help line and he advised to ignore the PPS system and go for what you would normally ride.
    I ordered the Med in the end and it fit’s ok, it feels a bit larger than my old Reign (M)17″ but the the small Canyon at 16.5″ would have been too small.

gren
    Free Member

Unless you have a really short upper body then the small will be way to small for you. I’m 5’8 and have a small Nerve XC and it fits just right although I reckon a medium would have worked too (with the seat shuffled forward a bit).

Go for the medium would be my advice

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Bumpty bump 😀

karl1824
    Free Member

5’9″ short inside leg, medium is the way to go for sure.

DeeW
    Free Member

5’9″ here on a Strive. Calculator said small. I went for a medium, fits perfect. Wouldn’t want it any smaller.

mintimperial

5’10” with a medium Nerve AM here, fits me fine.

santacruzsi
    Free Member

Cheers folks, Medium it is then! Now just need to decide if I want a Nerve AL or AL+ ….not sure why they’ve put 2 different bike models with similar names though!! XC and AM sounded just fine to me!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon BIkes Sizing (Chapter 48)’ is closed to new replies.