Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canyon Bikes. Buying online
  • Daisy_Duke
    Free Member

Anyone bought a Canyon bike via their website? They look to be mega value. I’m looking at a ali framed road bike with full 6700 Ultegra and Mavic wheels for < £1200. Just a bit nervous about aftercare service should there be an issue. About to hit the buy button….

davewilson634
    Free Member

Shouldn’t be nervous great company fantastic care for e and a friend ..just search threads on here

MrTall
    Free Member

I bough a roadlite off them 2 years ago and it’s been great. All arrived really quickly and i had no problems at all.

My one word of advice to you is buy a spare mech hanger now as they are made of cheese and mine bent when my bike fell over in my office.

I had to pay the £15 for a replacement but it was the £12 postage for a tiny part that really annoyed me. If you buy it with the bike it’s cheaper i think and also no extra postage.

Great bikes and awesome spec for the money compared to the Treks and Specializeds of the world.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    stanfree
    Free Member

Great bikes , I had a couple of minor problems but not worth bitching about tbh. They sorted me out with a replacement poploc but weren’t too keen to help with a headset . They are doing demo days pretty soon in Richmond so have a look on there website . If I was in the market for a new road bike It would be between them and a new composite Giant for sure.

ukcanyon
    Free Member

Hi there Daisy_Duke,

Nice to hear your interested in one of our bikes.

Canyon have been selling in the UK for 3 years now, but the companies history in Germany goes back over 20 years. As of January 2012 we launched a full UK subsidiary company based in Kingston-upon-Thames. Canyon UK is now taking care of after sales support and servicing. Obviously we hope that if you buy one of our bikes you won’t have any trouble with it, but if you do we are here in the UK to help you as thoroughly and quickly as we can.

Feel free to give us a call at the office and chat if you like on 0208 5496001. We’re open 10-5 on the phones

With kind regards,
    Trevor @ Canyon UK

hughjengin
    Free Member

Bought a 29er from Canyon last year, only have positive things to say about the purchase. Communication, quality of assembly, build and shipping all spot on. I wouldn’t hesitate again.

samuri
    Free Member

I bought mine from Germany many years ago. A roadlite. It really has been a great bike. The sizing was spot on, the spec was way better than that of bikes available in the UK at the time and it was really well put together. Highly recommended.

My only criticism would be the wiring of the brakes. I put in my application that I wanted the brakes wired the UK way round (I explained what that meant) but they still arrived the wrong way round. I’m sure they’ve got that stuff sorted now but it might be worth reminding them.

LMT
    Free Member

I got my OH a female specific Nerve xc last summer, £1700 for 120mm Fox’s upfront and rear bounce, DT swiss rims and hubs, full xt gearing groupset and Formula 1 brakes, not sure on the brakes. But she loves it, the bike is a perfect fit and has got her back out on the trails. Im not keen on the finish its raw alu but she likes it. Can’t fault canyons service, guess the weak link is UPS.

Saying that ive just ordered a Roadlite 6.0SL for myself, had the confirmation email today should have the bike by next tuesday, its my first venture into a proper road bike, looking at the spec its looks ok and just praying that the fit system works as well for me as it did for my OH’s bike.

mcnultycop

Superb value and superb bike. I love my Canyon from last year. Minor issues sorted out quickly (missing clips for hoses, slight paint scratch got me some cash back).

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Bikes. Buying online’ is closed to new replies.