Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • canyon bike after sales care
  • scuff321
    Free Member

i’m interested in buying a canyon strive but heard of a few horror stories,has anyone got any first hand dealings not really interested in hear say, thanks

carlphillips
    Free Member

I’m also hovering over the buy button for a strive….lots of horror stories which is putting me off at present…will watch this thread with interest

jimw
    Free Member

I had no issue with them when I had a problem with a wheel, they gave sound advice and authorised payment for LBS to sort out. That was nearly three years ago before their UK service centre was going I think.
    About a year ago, may be a little more, a friend had a problem with his Nerve CF when the bike was about 10 months old and after a short delay (less than a week) in communication which he did find frustrating, they replaced his frame and paid LBS to strip and reassemble. Total time from start to finish was about a month but as I think I have said before that is no different to other companies where replacement stock is not in the UK-Trek for example.
    So a long winded way of saying our experiences were OK.

To put the reliability into perspective, amongst my cycling group there are currently 8 Canyon bikes, including a new Strive, and the above are the only warranty issues

bignoise
    Free Member

I bought a spectral last year and have had a couple of issues with chainguide and reverb and on both occasions I cant complain with the service I received. They replied to their emails within a day or 2 and replaced both parts with no hassle.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Aye, had a couple of wee issues with the spectral that were sorted quick smart.

It’s not a black and white issue of LBS after sales v direct model as some would have you believe, LBS are at the mercy of manufacturers and distributors. My yeti bought from LBS has cracked twice, both times resulting in a near 3 month wait for a new rear tri.

Canyon have had some big problems recently, IIRC they moved the operation, but hopefully that’s sorted now.

oysterkite
    Free Member

I’ve had 4 Canyons, had a couple of warranty issues and they have been sorted quickly and easily, they have had a lot of issues with delivery times recently but seem well on the way to getting them sorted. A lot of customers had problems with the shapeshifter on 2015 strives but that seems to have been sorted with the 2016 models. I did 120k over two days at Afan on my ’16 strive this week and no problems with the shapeshifter. Bike climbs like a goat and better on the descents than I am.

I’ve got 2 canyons one of which had a faulty reverb dropper which was sorted out with no fuss within a couple of weeks and the postage refunded.I have a 2015 strive which i have had for around a year and the shapeshifter unit has just failed this week.Canyon responded to my emails within an hour or 2 and have agreed to either pick the bike up or send me a new unit for me to fit.The bad news is i have to wait for”6 to 7 weeks”.I emailed them back and said is there any way of fixing the unit into downhill mode so i can ride it whilst i wait for the replacement and they have sent me instructions on how to do this.
    I have not done this yet as i have other bikes i can ride, but will do and i’le let everyone know how it goes.
    We will see how accurate the 6 to 7 weeks is in due course

yossarian
    Free Member

I had an issue with a stripped hanger bolt on a canyon. I emailed them for some info and they called me within half an hour to discuss. They have a place in twickenham and I dropped the bike off there for an hour where they sorted the problem for nothing.

tall_martin

I bought a.dhx whipzone two summers ago.The bike is brilliant! It arrived with a broken rear meck- sorted in a week or so, the rear free hub died- sorted eventually. The rear shock snapped- replaced under warranty.

So great bike, components break but canyon have sorted me out.

I would happily buy a canyon again.

scuff321
    Free Member

Ye I suppose with all companies your going to get unhappy customers, I know they relocated and changed IT system, so there’s always going to be problems, still a bit nervous, it’s the only reason I’m leaning towards YT’s capra equally as good but to me not as good looking

redjon
    Free Member

Just ordered a Spectral so fingers crossed they’ve got all their delivery times sorted (due end of March), can’t wait!

spudly1979
    Free Member

I had one of the bad experiences which is somewhere on the forum. Had a cracked headtube so the frame had to go back to Germany. After many emails and phone calls I got a new frame on warranty. Unfortunately they then broke the rear mech transporting it back to me, so I had to wrangle with them again to get a replacement.
    The frustrating bit was more around trying to speak to canyon UK for updates. They simply didn’t respond to emails or answer the phone. After a few weeks of waiting and constantly chasing it got pretty annoying. This was about 3 years back though so set up may have changed a lot since then.
    Was in the market for a new bike to replace my nerve am and I fancied a capra but I just didn’t dare go through it again if there were issues so I went LBS and accepted the higher price.

mcnultycop

Cracked my nerve am frame and they paid the lbs (via me) for a frame swap. Took a couple of weeks, maybe longer. I was happy.

drofluf
    Free Member

Not sure that this thread would inspire me to buy a Canyon! At a rough count there were 11 warranty issues on 20 bikes! Their service may be good but it does look like a lot of issues!

Before anyone jumps in I do realise that it’s a pretty self selecting group, what I am sure is the vast majority of owners who’ve had no problems haven’t weighed in….

stevemuzzy
    Free Member

Had a strive for 3 years. Not a problem bar wear and tear. Amazing bike for yhe cash.

jakehinton
    Free Member

Had a very minor problem with mine and they were very quick to reply and rectify it. I would be happy to buy from them again.

yossarian
    Free Member

Not sure that this thread would inspire me to buy a Canyon! At a rough count there were 11 warranty issues on 20 bikes! Their service may be good but it does look like a lot of issues!

Err…..the thread is specifically about people’s experiences of using the after sales service……you’d probably expect people to post who’d had a problem….

lapierrelady

I have a 2015 strive. Currently waiting for a replacement for the shapeshifter which will be about another 3 weeks, but can still ride the bike with it in DH mode. Did use it as an excuse to panic buy an orange crush though! Found communication to be very quick, although the initial steps they sent me for ‘fixing’ the shapeshifter resulted in a hydraulic fluid fountain over the dining room floor.

tom200

Just ordered a Spectral so fingers crossed they’ve got all their delivery times sorted (due end of March), can’t wait!

Mine was two days late, no issues. I wouldn’t bother with a strive though, spectral is plenty good 😀

My father in laws Grand Canyon had a noisy brake, they paid him £100 quid to take it to a lbs to sort out.

smogmonster

Nothing but praise here…i snapped the fork on my road bike last year. I had a reply to my email within 1 day, and had a replacement fork under their crash replacement cheme within a fortnight. I would go so far as to say my next bike will almost certainly be from them.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘canyon bike after sales care’ is closed to new replies.