Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canyon bearing 7902-V-2RD same as 7902-V-2RS?
  • jsm

Hi,

Anyone know if the bearing 7902-V-2RD is the same as a 7902-V-2RS? I can find the RS from enduro, but not the Rd as suggested from the spectral exploded diagram.

Thanks

tmb467
    Free Member
    nickdavies

I think they are different. I’ve been through the same and remember a difference but can’t remember what. 2rs is 2 rubber seals I think 2rd had a slightly different seal I think it was a half seal or something.

Skf list rd bearings as double matched bearings so 2 rows of bearings inside. I’d say ask canyon but you’ll only have to wait 4 days to be told they don’t sell the bearings and won’t tell you what you need. Maybe try calling the uk office and getting hold of one of the tech guys, if you get one they’re quite helpful just don’t email.

jsm

I’ve failed to find the exact bearings by matching the part numbers. SKF and NSK don’t seem to have them.

Will call canyon in the morning.

Superficial
    Free Member

I’m assuming it’s for a pivot bearing? It is odd that they are angular contact bearings. I’m no expert, but I thought they were for hubs (high RPM) and not frames (high loads but zero RPM). I suspect a bog standard 6902-2RS would be fine too.

Anyway, I’m pretty sure the last letters only apply to the seal used so it’s no big deal if it’s “wrong” – which I don’t think this is.

P.S. What is German for two rubber seals (2RS)? Perhaps it’s 2RD?

lerk
    Free Member

P.S. What is German for two rubber seals (2RS)? Perhaps it’s 2RD?

Dichtung…

Superficial
    Free Member

2 rubber dichtungs?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canyon bearing 7902-V-2RD same as 7902-V-2RS?’ is closed to new replies.