Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Canyon Aeroad
  • treaclesponge
    Free Member

Anyone got one? Looking at them now as the lead time is far lower than the Ultimate range.

Whats the ride like? Dont have a roadie at the moment but I used to have a steel frame a few years back. Seen a few reviews saying that the front end is a little flexy but I doubt I will notice given my lack of roadie experience. I wont be racing on it just a combination of training/fitness rides to some all dayers and the odd commute.

Any opinions?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Dont have a roadie at the moment but I used to have a steel frame a few years back. Seen a few reviews saying that the front end is a little flexy but I doubt I will notice given my lack of roadie experience. I wont be racing on it just a combination of training/fitness rides to some all dayers and the odd commute.

I’ve never ridden one, but in STW style I wont let that stop me commenting!

I think they’ve come at it from the wrong angle, the new madone and scott fo1l both take (stiff) raceing frames and make them aero. Canyon tried to make a UCI mass start legal TT bike. If it’s your only road bike why not get something more normal?

treaclesponge
    Free Member

Im pulled in by the spec of the Canyons but the Ultimate CF SLX range that I was looking at has horrific lead times (20+ weeks) whereas the Aeroad has a 6 week wait.

Not sure what you mean by ‘more normal’ though??

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

Not sure what you mean by ‘more normal’ though??

A non aero road bike. Comfier, better handling, less affected by crosswinds, doesn’t look daft with commuting wheels and tyres.

If I was buying a road bike now I’d either get a CAAD10 or supersix in the sales. CAAD10 ultegra at pauls or <£1300? But at the end of the day get what you want to ride (my point was, would I actualy want to ride an aero bike every day), if it was a rational decision we’d probably all ride Kinesis TK3’s with guards and racks (ford mondeo) rather than supersix’s (cateram 7) or aero bikes (Toyota MR2).

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Canyon Aeroad’ is closed to new replies.