Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Canyon. A good bet yet?
  • ScottChegg
    Free Member

I nearly got a Dude last year from Canyon.

But ridiculous leadtimes despite apparent stock made me cancel.

They are reducing 2016 Dude’s again, and it’s a killer spec for the money.

But are Canyon a reasonable bet yet? Or will I end up chasing Mastercard again to get my money back?

n0b0dy0ftheg0at
    Free Member

I must stop drooling over that “fatrol” CF 8.0 reduced to £1469! 😯

Those BR 2250 wheels would cost ~£500(?) alone.

Just found out on web chat that front is 150mm and the rear is 197mm hubs.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

they’ve apparently sorted their delivery turnaround times if that’s what you mean (teething problems with new IT apparently).

Whether their intermittent customer service quality has changed is a different matter (some glowing, some horror stories).

I keep stepping away from the Dude, also like the look of the now-reduced Endurace disc road bike (guess that’s reduced as it’s 9000 Dura Ace and Shimano have just introduced a gopping newer version).

jimw
    Free Member

My Canyon Nerve AL29 is approaching 4 years old. I have had no issues since the first weeks when a problem with the wheels was sorted out efficiently.
    Two others friends have had to use their warranty process ( both carbon frame bearing issues) and it took no longer to sort out than others who have had Trek EX carbon frame failures TBH ( although not as quick as Giant for the two other friends who have had Anthem frame failures and replaced under warranty)

monkeysfeet
    Free Member

Bought a Grand Canyon 29er last year, took about 4 weeks to arrive. Zero issues. Brilliant bike too.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

Those BR 2250 wheels would cost ~£500(?) alone

Closer to £600 in the UK. Plus £400+ for a Bluto and you’re paying £700 for the rest of the bike; including a Carbon frame.

Seriously tempted to give it a go. It’s not as if there’s suspension linkages to go wrong to trouble the warranty

mrchrispy

The ENDURACE CF SLX is an awesome bike.
    delivery times were about 7-10 days, customer service whilst slow to get going is fine once they are up to speed.

carlphillips
    Free Member

their customer service for me has been excellent, I lost a bolt (specific shape) which was replaced very quickly and also contacted them today with a query about my rear shock, email answered by lunch time.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Canyon. A good bet yet?’ is closed to new replies.