Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Canyon 2016 models
  • M6TTF
    Free Member

Have these been discussed yet? Notice what I presume is one of their best selling models, the Spectral 7EX Is coming in slightly cheaper, with a slightly reduced spec. Guess they’re looking to snag an even larger portion of the market. The rest of the range is looking equally as smart

wrecker
    Free Member

Are they on their site yet?

johnnystorm

How much are we being ripped off pricewise here in the UK compared to Euroland?

/Getting in before the outraged of tunbridge wells brigade

wrecker
    Free Member

/Getting in before the outraged of tunbridge wells brigade

Well I think it’s shit, and I’m not from Tunbridge Wells. I can’t see how anyone with a vague understanding of the european union wouldn’t TBH.

johnnystorm

Ooooh. Sharpen those pitchforks. An Ex5 is 2000 euros but an outrageous £1600.

wrecker
    Free Member

Pitchforks, Outrage. Perhaps you could sneak in some more sneering STW cliches? You seem very adept. The perfect STW stereotype.

johnnystorm

Why thank you. *blushes*

While admittedly having a laugh I was curious to see if they had “equalised” prices starting from afresh so to speak. Obviously not.

I honestly thought that to fit that stereotype I’d have to be the one genuinely outraged as opposed to the one who just looked at the first world problem that it was and just bought something else if I wasn’t happy with what was being offered me.

wrecker
    Free Member

I always associate the typical STW behaviour as sneering condescension from well to do people who can afford stuffs but maybe it’s perspective.
    I would still like to know where the 2016 range is available to view? The strive page still seems like the old range. The frames are on sale, it looks like they may be making some changes and I’d be interested to know what they are.
    EDIT; ah got it! A handful of models shown, rest to come.

The wait is finally over! During the next few weeks we will lift the covers off our entire range of bikes for the brand-new 2016 model year. All 2016 series will be gradually presented right here up until the end of October. Get ready for what we have in store and keep checking back for all the latest additions. Finally, each model will be ready to order right away so you can be one of the first to ride it. This is what Pure Cycling is all about…

I hope they look a bit better than this;

johnnystorm

I’m just of the opinion that as their pricing isn’t denying anyone their human rights and that in all honesty there are a hundred alternatives that would do just as good a job it’s not worth losing sleep over. I think we can all agree however that a colour scheme lifted off my mate’s old Maestro Vanden Plas is unforgivable. 😆

BoomBip
    Free Member

Is that green or blue?

M6TTF
    Free Member

I think it’s a greeny colour. I also really like it 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s not very #ENDURO is it?

LMT
    Free Member

I understand why people get worked up over the euro etc…but the price they sell it is the price we pay. I’ve got 3 canyons at the moment and all bargains over a UK off the shelf brand.

Waiting for them to show us the Nerves will be getting one of these this year. Well probably next year, been told I have to sell my speshi first.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Wish they did a disc road bike..

scotroutes

Maybe they do for 2016?

johnnystorm

krixmeister

Something I’ve never understood – are Canyon frames just rebadged Giant frames, or is there a difference?

dimitriscsd
    Free Member

Top of the line Spectral AL 8.0 EX – Exactly the same setup as last year, 50 pounds more expensive but with a Canyon branded stem and handlebar instead of last year’s Renthal?

What happened there?

mrblobby
    Free Member

Something I’ve never understood – are Canyon frames just rebadged Giant frames, or is there a difference?

Which Giant do you think they look like? Certainly not just rebadged Giants. Though Giant do manufacture frames for a lot of other brands so I’d not be surprised if they come from the big Giant factory.

What happened there?

Inflation 🙂

nickdavies

Currently in Switzerland – getting very tempted to order old reduced spectral given the half decent chf rate and lack of vat… Less than the euro price! The new green one up there looks the mutts imho, like the green and brown.

Can’t really grumble about the UK pricing though, people asked for a UK canyon centre, they gave us one. They’ve gotta fund it somehow, and the euro will probably strengthen before they change their model year, they will be forecasting the currency changes to avoid changing prices half way through.

tom200

I’m holding out for either an old spectral £300 off so I out xt 11speed on it, on a new one with it already fitted. Anyone know if this is an option?

Teetosugars
    Free Member

scotroutes – Member
    Maybe they do for 2016?

Sadly, it would appear not Colin..
    Only that winter/ commuter as pictured above..

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Canyon 2016 models’ is closed to new replies.