Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Canvas showing on Continental Rubber Queen
  • julians
    Free Member

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has experienced the canvas starting to show through the sidewalls on a 2.2 black chilli compound rubber queen.

I just noticed it on mine, whilst giveing the bike a once over, its only showing through on the rear, the front is fine. The tyres are no where near worn out in terms of the tread. Theres plenty of clearance between tyre and bike, ie nothing obvious is rubbing.

The bike is a specialized enduro 2005.

RealMan
    Free Member

You scraped it across a rock?

TandemJeremy
    Free Member

criss cross markings on the sidewall? Do you run low pressures? I have seen this from the flexing when run soft

Paulio
    Free Member

I had this on some Race King black chilli tyres which I did run at low pressures (lower than 25 psi). It happened quite quickly from new but they lasted until the tread was knackered.

carlphillips
    Free Member

mud on frame rubbing sidewall..does it to my tyres (not conty ones) and i ignore it.

chiefP
    Free Member

I had the same and changed it. My look on it is if the canvas is showing on your car tyre what would you do?

julians
    Free Member

Its the actual canvas threads showing through, I dont think I run the pressures too low, generally around 35psi, I use the same pressure front and rear, but its only the rear that have the canvas showing.

I did consider it might be a rock scrape, but its pretty even around the whole sidewall and on both sides, so I dont think it is due to rock scrape.

Mud rubbing the tyres sounds the most likely candidate, but I’ve never noticed this on any other tyres.

Will probably run them tomorrow and then replace with some specialized eskars, too late to change for tomorrow.

Its a shame as up until now I thought they were pretty good tyres, but expensive. If the sidewall is going to be the weakspot and fail after not that much use I might as well get something thats 90% as good but 50% of the cost.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Canvas showing on Continental Rubber Queen’ is closed to new replies.