Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Cantilever brakes…
  • chorscroft
    Free Member

I'm setting up an old bike (GT all terra?) as a singlespeed runabout.

The front brake bosses have the mounts with the three small holes beside them so I was able to set up some tektro V's there no bother.

However the rear brake bosses have no three small holes and so my brakes won't fit.

Can anyone suggest a solution or perhaps link to a set of cheap, suitable brakes that would work on the above described mount?

Cheers

Conor

P.S. I was originally intending to just use a front brake, however today after coming over 2 sets of curbs I reached for my brake to find that the noodle had popped out on landing and I had to use my front wheel along with my hand against a pebble dash wall to stop…

Bez

Old GTs (up until about 1992ish) used U-brakes on the rear… If it's a U-brake mount the bosses will be further from the axle than the rim is (as opposed to canti mounts which are closer). You can still get them – Dia Compe and/or Odyssey I think.

JoeNation
    Free Member

Odyssey Evolver U brakes were the ones to get last time I checked (about 8 years ago 🙂 ). You might be able to use the spring hanger/holder from a U brake with a V or canti if the posts are in the right place for Vs (U brake springs are held in tension by friction).

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Cantilever brakes…’ is closed to new replies.