Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)
  • canti brake hanger problem
  • firestarter
    Free Member

bit of a problem. i have some cantis to fit a pompino frame but the steerer is only long enough for the stem so cant fit a canti hanger on the steerer as normal

also the forks are only drilled at the rear so i cant bolt a fork mount one there either

so any solutions other than mini v’s ?

thanks

MrKmkII
    Free Member

ignore me, i’m a fool.

firestarter
    Free Member

i cant see how that would fit a stem ?

wwaswas

imagine it so that the ‘elbow’ is pointing back towards the steerer and the bottom of the elbow is down towards the brakes with the cable exiting through there and down (i.e. cable routing is reverse of what it would be for the way it’s photographed).

mefty
    Free Member

Do any of these from SJS solve the rear, various seatbolt mounted hangers?

Does this from Edinburgh Co-Op work for the front?

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah but stems are all different shapes i could see it working on a bar perhaps but my bars are 26mm anyway ;-(

firestarter
    Free Member

sorry rear is sorted with a hanger but its the front im stuck with . mefty the front fork needs a hole in the front for those i think

wwaswas

you can get stems that are drilled for canti brake cables.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Mike Ive some 44cm OS Bell Laps if you want to resolve the bar diameter issue…

firestarter
    Free Member

yeah i think that may be the only option. that or swap forks over from the pompino to the crosscheck

cynic-al
    Free Member

Drill the fork!

firestarter
    Free Member

i’ll have a think nick thanks

i dont trust myself with a drill al im afraid and its on a curved surface too just to make it harder

mefty
    Free Member

Sorry misread your post.

thomthumb
    Free Member

i dont trust myself with a drill al im afraid and its on a curved surface too just to make it harder

come from the back!

other than finding a stem with a cable stop in (i can’t find one quickly)
    drilling the fork
    getting a longer steerer

i’m not sure either…

Onzadog
    Free Member

Drill the fork. Use a smaller drill bit, come in from the back and use the rear hold as a guide and then once you have a pilot hole, you can keep stepping up the bit size until you get what you need.

thomthumb
    Free Member

what about one of those steerer extension things?

cynic-al
    Free Member

mark with punch before drilling

firestarter
    Free Member

ive given up for now and put the crosscheck back to drops and the pomp to flat bars. i may swap back in the future but it will do for now.

i think i could probably go thru the back of the fork and buy a new hanger but i think i will just keep my eyes out for a used pomp fork with a longer steerer or even buy new later

thanks all

MrKmkII
    Free Member

only thing i can offer is to get a super-low stack headset which might give you space for a spacer hanger under the stem.

Viewing 20 posts - 1 through 20 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘canti brake hanger problem’ is closed to new replies.