• This topic has 51 replies, 27 voices, and was last updated 12 years ago by jedi.
Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)
  • cant wait to build this
  • tails
    Free Member

I have an iron horse mk3 with 30.0 seat tube and the options of adjustable seatposts is way more at 30.9

0.9mm is a fairly large amount of metal to ream when your talking about a seat tube.

RustyMac

I know it is but i think the seat tube on the mk3 is pretty damn sturdy. I can’t remember the measurements off hand but i have a feeling the OD of the seat tube is the same as some 30.9 ID tubes. If that makes any sense.

I’ll fire off an email to 18bikes once i have all the measurements again and see what they say. Price of the job may make it a no go as i will have to factor in shipping the frame down to them too.

jedi

it was too risky to do it for my riding

RustyMac

Can you remember off hand the OD of the seat tube on your current/old BR jedi?

I know i can always play it safe and get a 27.2 dropper and a shim, just that niggling thought in the back of my head won’t go away.

jedi

i cant 🙁

slowrider
    Free Member

34.9 outer diameter on a BR IIRC

RustyMac

No worries cheers for the heads up about 18bikes, enjoy the new BR it looks sweet.

Will you be having a Friday night build tread like mamadirt does?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

Can you remember off hand the OD of the seat tube on your current/old BR jedi?

http://www.vitalmtb.com/product/guide/Frames,7/Transition/Bottlerocket,2790

EDIT: too slow…..

Just for comparison a lot of frames have a 34.9 OD / 30.9 ID seat tube. Most Santa Cruz for example, so reaming out shouldn’t be a problem unless you’re giving it a hard time. 🙂

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

That frame looks a giggle jedi. Post some pics when its done.

RustyMac

Thanks slowrider and jockhaggis, much appreciated.

If my frame has a larger seat tube OD than 34.9 i’ll email 18bikes otherwise i’ll just go down the route of a 27.2 and shim untill i can afford a new frame.

I don’t do the same type of riding as jedi but being a bit of a clumsy hefer it’d probably be a safer bet.

Well maybe not if the santa cruz bike are ok with it?

davecm
    Free Member

Specialized frames also have a 30.9 id and 34.9 od.

Looking good Tony. Think I can see the shock clearance issues they were on about from that pic, hopefully it’ll be ok though!

jedi

i reckon it will be fine the otehr way round 🙂

Viewing 12 posts - 41 through 52 (of 52 total)

The topic ‘cant wait to build this’ is closed to new replies.