Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Can't upload gpx files to garmin edge 800, help please
  • haggis1978

I’ve tried a few times to upload trails I’ve downloaded in gpx format to my edge 800 to no avail. I’ve tried uploading them to the sd card and the device itself through the new folders but they’ve not shown up in the courses section. I did it exactly as described on scarletfire including changing the routing options. Can anyone tell me what I’m doing wrong?

nammynake
    Free Member

Try uploading in TCX format into the NewFiles folder.

RicB

Try uploading the gpx to bikehike first to check the file is working. Then resave

I had a few issues with my 800 and this solved them

dirtyrider
    Free Member

Convert to tcx on gspsies

scotroutes

Uninformed guesswork here, but are there too many Waypoints in those GPX files?
    I’d re-try with a very small route, or take one of the above suggestions to convert it to a Track of some sort.

tommyhine

I had an issue that if then file is named something close to another file then it simply wouldn’t upload the other file.

DanW
    Free Member

I have similar issues but the common factor seems to be the source of the gpx file. The Garmin (and Garmin Connect) don’t seem to get on well with gpx files made on certain sites. Not sure why this should be but I now just use alternative sites to make courses. Bit of a bugger though when getting files from friends that don’t work- the options suggested here sound good so I’ll give them a go.

argee

As stated above, put the GPX file straight into the ‘NewFile’ folder on the Garmin drive, this folder is there to convert any GPX or other file type into FIT files, it will also put it into the ‘Courses’ folder when you hit MENU when the 800 is operating.

haggis1978

Already tried loading it into new files in gpx format so will try tcx. Cheers lads

mactheknife

Ridewithgps is your answer, upload to the site and then export to the Garmin. Works a treat 🙂

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Can't upload gpx files to garmin edge 800, help please’ is closed to new replies.