Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)
  • Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run…
  • nacho
    Free Member

mrs nacho started tri’s a year or two ago. She was a good swimmer from school and did a bit of running. Never really cycled. She started on a sprint tri, did a HIM this summer and wants to do a full IM in 2014. She loves it. Training time is quite difficult, especially as I want to ride as well and we have 2 young children. She is lucky as in I work from home so I get the kids ready for school she cycles/runs/ goes to gym in the mornings (probably 3-4 x per week) and I can ride of an evening. Saturday is family day, Sunday am she does a long road ride then I go out on my MTB.

charliemort

It can be a bit addictive

I started (as many do) just trying to finish an Olympic distance event for my 40th. then started doing 4 or 5 a year

Got a bit better, helped by a swimming background – but pretty hopeless runner (15 plus stone prop), and now finish about 1/3 way through most fields

prefer the mtb events eg Coniston UK champs this year, as you can gain a LOT of time against the roadies off road – some of them really are appalling off road

losing the motivation now though. Get a bit bored of all the cr*p about go faster kit, and the cost of a lot of events is a bit of a p*ss take, plus still don’t like the running. Can’t bring myself to train really hard just to go a few minutes faster than last year etc.. more motivated by finishing than knocking 20 secs off my run split. if I could aim for an age group qualifier or something it may be different, but that ain’t gonna happen

Getting back into my mtb roots i think

trevron73
    Free Member

I always fancied doing a triathalon and then started training in 2008 and then got married and couldnt find the time.Then this year bought a mtb and entered the Craggy island Triathalon ,550m open water swim,18k off road ride and 8k over mountain run!It was fantastic ,hard work and i loved it i didnt even mind coming last as it was such fun and so friendly. The winner finished his whole race before i started my run but he was bloody quick ,do a small sprint one ,im doing one again next year

teamhurtmore
    Free Member

charliemort – Member
    It can be a bit addictive….
    prefer the mtb events eg Coniston UK champs this year, as you can gain a LOT of time against the roadies off road – some of them really are appalling off road…losing the motivation now though. Get a bit bored of all the cr*p about go faster kit, and the cost of a lot of events is a bit of a p*ss take…Getting back into my mtb roots i think

Are we twins? Got into MTB because of similar reasons and preference for AR or XTT type events. I discovered how true it was that roadies (ie, me) are/were appalling off road!!!! My first XTT killed me – both effort and technique wise!!! Too many crashes in one race.

Viewing 4 posts - 41 through 44 (of 44 total)

The topic ‘Can't Swim, Can't Ride, Can't Run…’ is closed to new replies.