Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can't get my 11 speed xt cassette tight ??
  • shaungero
    Free Member

Hi,
    Have just got a new set of pro 4s and my xt cassette won’t tighten even close to enough.
    Can’t remember if it had a spacer behind if or not. Any help would be great.
    Cheers Shaun

RamseyNeil
    Free Member

I think Hope use a road free hub on their wheels and these need a spacer for a MTB 11 speed casette which is the same width as a 10 speed .

singlespeedstu

Pro4 should have a small spacer when used with an MTB cassette.

Onzadog
    Free Member

Should be included with the hub/wheel.

oscillatewildly
    Free Member

Had the same head scratch moment a week back with new shimano freehub and cassette, mine didn’t come with the spacer either but it defo needs it as above

shaungero
    Free Member

Ok, cheers for that. I will ask the boys at the lbs as they ordered the wheels and set them up tubeless for me.
    sure they will have one lying around.

orangeboy
    Free Member

With hope wheels the spacer should be bundled up with the spare spokes and axle adaptors that come with each wheel

acidtest
    Free Member

I installed mine yesterday (also pro4), couldn’t get it to tighten up with the spacer so took the spacer off and went for a ride. Was jiggling about loose so I’m thinking that it’s a tight fit so might need to give the cassette a bit of a bash to get it to seat up against the spacer and to be able to tighten up the lock ring.

So in short, you need the spacer!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can't get my 11 speed xt cassette tight ??’ is closed to new replies.