Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • Can't figure this out.
  • zippykona

A guy has just gone past my shop chasing his transit van. No one in the driver seat and we are on the flat.
    He managed to jump in and stop it before it went through the traffic lights.
    Very bloody odd.

Cougar

Automatic, left in Drive?

fasthaggis

Small child trapped in the pedals ?

jimoiseau
    Free Member

Cyclist went past and the van instinctively tried to run him over?

Stoner
    Free Member

two tortoise. one asleep under the brake pedal, the other asleep with his head on the throttle. Happens all the time.

wwaswas

handbrake on a bit but as load added unable to hold it still?

reluctantwrinkly
    Free Member

Stoner–LOL-classic!

bearnecessities

chasing his transit van

Sure it wasn’t a Sprinter?

zippykona

chasing his transit van
    Sure it wasn’t a Sprinter?

Don’t be DAFt.

bongohoohaa
    Free Member

I’m the same as the OP, as also get confused by trannys.

crofts2007
    Free Member

Toy story. Use the wand of power!

scaredypants

top marks to jimoiseau 😀 – driver was just trying to get in on the fun, I assume ?

molgrips
    Free Member

People do leave cars in drive and have them drive off – happens in America, land of inattentive drivers mostly in automatics.

Doubt they make automatic transits though.

Incidentally my Passat will put the handbrake on if you open the door when it’s in drive.

fasthaggis

Incidentally my Passat will put the handbrake on if you open the door when it’s in drive

That’s your passengers doing that as you try to jump out 😛

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Incidentally my Passat will put the handbrake on if you open the door when it’s in drive

I just have images of someone driving down the road and thinking the door might be slightly ajar and opening it to slam it shut properly just to discover they have done a massive handbrake turn!

Russell96

Left in gear and the engine suffers from pre-ignition? Used to work at a place that had low compression engines in Ital vans (yes that long ago) and we used to have races in the works yard seeing how far our vans would get down the yard, they’d sort of hop/skip/jerk along. It was a bit of a shock the first time it would happen to you, park you van in the yard and the next morning find it a fair few metres away.

andyl
    Free Member

Meanwhile in Chipping Norton:

Meanwhile in Chipping Norton…

Posted by Wheelers Chipping Norton Ltd on Thursday, April 16, 2015

molgrips
    Free Member

I just have images of someone driving down the road and thinking the door might be slightly ajar and opening it to slam it shut properly just to discover they have done a massive handbrake turn!

It only does if if you are stopped.. never tried it whilst moving.

In the Prius, if you open the door when moving it goes BEEEEEEEEP! and a huge red warning sign appears on the dash screen with a message to the effect of “AAH SHUT THE BLOODY DOOR YOU FOOL!”

paulhaycraft

Auto transits are available in north america.

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘Can't figure this out.’ is closed to new replies.