Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Cant decide between an SB66c or SB5C
  • daveb
    Free Member

I had pretty much decided on a new SB5C, ignoring the fact that the new link system might be a nightmare in Scotland with the mud getting into it. Went in to a Yeti dealer today and they have an ex demo SB66C with an excellent build for £1700 less than the new 5C.

I just cant decide. I quite fancy the new bike having 650b wheels but dont see anything wrong with the 26″ wheels. It will mainly be ridden on all day rides such as Cairngorms, Lakes, trail centres would be Golspie, Laggan, Inners with occasional trips to the Alps.

The SB66c comes with Hope M4s, Fox 36 Talas 160mm, Flow EX on Pro II hubs, reverb, carbon bars, and mainly XTR drivetrains (XT mech and cassette).

Thoughts?

goodgrief
    Free Member

Take a demo 650b bike around laggan black, it will make your mind up.

chiefgrooveguru

I had pretty much decided on a new SB5C, ignoring the fact that the new link system might be a nightmare in Scotland with the mud getting into it.

Highly probable to be more reliable than the SB66’s Switch Link eccentric bearing though!

daveb
    Free Member

Decided on the SB5C – the more I look the more I want one

olibluegoat
    Free Member

If i had the money the SB5C is the bike i would buy

pigyn
    Free Member

Once you see the demo bike daveb… Oh once you see….

stewartc
    Free Member

Why not wait a few months for the SB6c?

br
    Free Member

Highly probable to be more reliable than the SB66’s Switch Link eccentric bearing though!

But is that reliable enough?

Mate ran a SB95, believe that it ate bearings.

b45her
    Free Member

go with the sb5 ive owned an sb66 and the bearings need a lot of attention, the new switch infinity is a far better idea in my opinion, no bearings just a coupe of seals and a bush, should be much much more durable.

ScottChegg
    Free Member

I got my (ex demo) SB66C about this time last year.

It’s needed 2 sets of bearings in the eccentric; that’s £20 and an hours maintenance over the year. Which is about a third of the fuss a set of Crossmax ST’s on the same bike have required to keep running sweet.

I haven’t ridden a SB5; but I’m sure it’ll be excellent. Most Yeti’s are. You’d need come back this time next year to get a view on how they last though.

If the SB66 is such a bargain, it’ll be a great bike. The £1700 you’ve saved will buy you an ex demo SB5c next year and you’ll be quids in.

I don’t want to change mine. I like it too much.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Cant decide between an SB66c or SB5C’ is closed to new replies.