• This topic has 46 replies, 30 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by iainc.
Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)
  • Can't decide between a BMW 1 Series, 3 series, or 3 series Touring?
  • iamtheresurrection

Conversely, I’m on 31.9mpg average here on a 330d xDrive F31 so far, with mixed driving. Was hoping it would be a bit more frugal around the doors, but I’d accept it is economical for the power. I do get a 45mpg at a steady 80, I suppose.

Hard to argue against a RWD 320d really…

alibongo001

I have a 320d estate, the last of the previous model.

It is great on fuel (50mpg for the last 10k or so miles)

I would also look at the 4 series with the 20d engine, there are some cracking lease deals about at the moment – £350 per month for a 425d over 2 years @ 20k per year was a recent quote I saw – obviously the 320 would be a bit cheaper.

The lease companies also seem to have a lot of deals on the 5 door version – mustn’t be selling ?

angeldust
    Free Member

Is it just me that finds it a bit odd that you’d buy an estate then put your bike on the roof, beside the rood box?

Really stupid comment. Perhaps the boot has other stuff in.

BillMC

Me and MrsMC have 320Ds and we love them. I’ve driven down to Devon before now with a 9’9” surfboard inside the car. I’ve just driven 250 miles back from Cornwall today and got out of the car fresh as a proverbial daisy.

unknown
    Free Member

Settle down angeldust dear, maybe I just think that if you need to move more stuff than your estate car will carry regularly enough to have bought a roof rack and box then perhaps you need a bigger car. There’s also the contradiction of buying an ‘efficient’ car then sticking a big brake on the roof to knock off a few mpg. I only thought it was a little odd, i didn’t accuse the man of voting UKIP, but apparently it’s normal though so carry on.

King-ocelot
    Free Member

I would also look at the 4 series with the 20d engine, there are some cracking lease deals about at the moment – £350 per month for a 425d over 2 years @ 20k per year was a recent quote I saw – obviously the 320 would be a bit cheaper.

My 435d isn’t too far off that per month but over 18 months. I was quoted £400pcm on a 425. That’s a really good deal stated above.

iainc

Last company car was a 318d touring and it was faultless over the 3 yrs I had it. Changed it early 13 to a 520d Touring, which is even better, great family car, dead comfy. Bikes go on the roof 😆 apart from the track bike cos its not allowed to get wet

Viewing 7 posts - 41 through 47 (of 47 total)

The topic ‘Can't decide between a BMW 1 Series, 3 series, or 3 series Touring?’ is closed to new replies.