Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Can't believe I've only just discovered Psyence Fiction
  • TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Better than Entroducing and War Stories in my opinion and it was the original one. Stunning album.

jamj1974

I love it!

jmatlock
    Free Member

It’s different. It’s not a DJ Shadow solo joint.
    Try The Private Press too.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Its good, but Endtroducing came out in ’96, 2 years beforehand.

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

Ah, my mistake re: “the original one”. Still a bloody great album!

thegreatape
    Free Member

It’s the first Unkle album so you were sort of right 🙂

TrailriderJim
    Free Member

And now I’m on Never Never Land, sounds promising too…

onandon
    Free Member

Uncle haven’t release anything for a few years now. Must be due something soon?

deadkenny
    Free Member

Worth checking out Do Androids Dream of Electric Beats which is a three disc DJ mix under the name of Unklesounds, which originally was a bootleg, then (un)officially released, but now tricky to find at sensible prices.

tomcrow99

I think they fell out years back. I did read that there is a feature length documentary being made about the story which would be interesting. Good tunes.

timb34
    Free Member

Oo, good tip deadkenny. At least the first two CDs are on soundcloud, so I’ll be listening to them later.

There’s also this, which I really, really like: “The End” https://soundcloud.com/unkleofficial/james-lavelle-presents-unkle

athgray
    Free Member

I think Unkle stuff has got steadily worse, but Psyence Fiction is a teriffic album. One of my favourites. Good guest vocals. Thom York and Richard Ashcroft on great form.

senorj

Uncle haven’t release anything for a few years now. Must be due something soon?

My sources tell me you won’t be disappointed. 🙂

simon_g

They’re doing the UNKLE:REDUX audio/visual & orchestra show at Somerset House in July, although presumably much the same show as the Meltdown one from a couple of years ago. I didn’t see that so I’m looking forward to it 😀

Psyence Fiction released when I was at uni and I was borderline obsessed with it for months. James Lavelle & Scratch Perverts played a mostly Psyence Fiction set on 5 turntables at the uni later that year (on 5 turntables I think) which is still up there as one of the best gigs I’ve ever been to.

oxym0r0n

There’s some cracking tracks on the US double CD of Never Never Land…

I’m also a big fan of Edit Music for a Film – especially the Blade Runner mix

Big Unkle fan here!

Thanks for the heads up on Redux – we are up in London that weekend and it’s my birthday weekend 🙂

onandon
    Free Member

I’m fortunate have virtually the entire back catalogue in UK, US and Japanese spec ( when available )
    I’ll have to dig it all out.

So many good tunes from Unkle, the mo wax label, James and DJ shadow.

I originally found their music when they did a promo Nike CD on a magazine cover, back in the early 00s

Mister-P
    Free Member

I’m going to UNKLE:REDUX at Somerset House then seeing DJ Shadow at Blue Dot festival the following weekend. As the youth might say “yeah boi!”

Northwind

I just stumbled into a tent when they were playing a festival, looking for somewhere warm I could be more comfortably drunk in 😆 And it was bloody awesome, one of the sets of the weekend.

doris5000

As the youth might say “yeah boi!”

nope, that’s what old 30-somethings like me would say, because we’re not entirely comfortable with actual youth slang these days 😉

senorj

Looks like we could have a stw “posse” at Somerset house-babysitter permitting of course.ha.

Mister-P
    Free Member

That’s still kind of good news Doris as I’m in my 40s.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Can't believe I've only just discovered Psyence Fiction’ is closed to new replies.