Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Can't believe how rubbish Keynote is for the Mac!
  • simonralli2
    Free Member

Well after hearing how superior Keynote was compared to Powerpoint I have to say I was bitterly disappointed. Tried to knock up some diagrams with half circles and twisty arrows, but the shapes on offer are just pants.

Had to go to our IT room and use a PC with powerpoint to knock up some slides for a paper I am writing.

Am I missing something that makes keynote so good? For lines and curves and art etc it seems woefully lacking.

Mini rant over! I'm off to chill out with X factor after a day in the library. Hopefully we'll get a lull in the storms so I can get out on my bike at last too : )

IA

I don't use keynote, but I do draw a lot of diagrams. And one of the reasons I use macs is they have what's probably the best diagramming tool ever. http://www.omnigroup.com/applications/OmniGraffle/

Oggles
    Free Member

Insert > shape > draw with pen

draw curvey line

It then gives you drop down boxes for start/end point markers 🙂

avdave2

Don't worry PowerPoint 2010 has pretty much taken everything you might want out of Keynote and copied it.

Lionheart
    Free Member

+1 for Ommni group stuff

geoffj

+2 for omni stuff

macbrother
    Free Member

I prefer PDF presentations, much easier to design and pretty compatible these days

Dorset_Knob
    Free Member

Just for good measure: another +1 for Omnigraffle.

So what are you using it for then, Lion and Geoff?

(Mostly user journeys and wireframes here.)

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Can't believe how rubbish Keynote is for the Mac!’ is closed to new replies.