Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Can't decide between 2 frames!
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

My heart likes the Felt Edict ltd frameset – looks fab but not sure about longevity being a fairly new addition to Felts range:

My head likes the Santa Cruz Blur XC carbon – tried and tested with a few new whistles and bangs this year:

stumpy01

On looks, I reckon it’d be the Felt.

Have you ridden either of them though? Or are you not going to get the chance before buying?

Any difference in price? Are they fairly similar in geometry? What will you be using it for?

ltheisinger
    Free Member

Santa Cruz – rode one last year out in the States…fantastic bike! I do ride a Heckler now though, so could be bias??

sambob
    Free Member

I’d get the felt, just because it looks nicer. And there are less of them.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Looking at XC marathons (were only taking 50 miles) and local trail riding (Dartmoor hills) – already have a 09′ Orange Five and a Carbon Ended HT but over biked really on Dartmoor – price wise – nowt much in it but final prices not out yet.

I have had a quick go on the Felt at the 24/12 and certainly feels very racey but it was a large and I need a medium. The SC I have not ridden as yet will take a 120mm front fork which I like the sound of.

I have a history of measuring myself up to a frame (serial frame swapper) and buying it after reading reviews (which have worked on all my bikes so far).

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Its got to be the Felt, the SC is a boring choice. Or get a Pivot mach 4

stratobiker
    Free Member

The Felt does look very nice.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Trouble is the SC is in stock now, the Felt isn’t ATM and also the frame only still seems to me to be questionable to whether its coming to the UK? Getting twitchy fingers……… 😉

andyl
    Free Member

Personally I prefer the look of the SC even though I admit the Felt does look really good and more ‘wow’.

What is the warranty like and more importantly the companies customer service history?

foxyrider
    Free Member

Difficult to get in contact with Felt TBH – I have phoned the distros and originally did not know if the frame was coming into the UK then a guy on here said it is?

DezB
    Free Member

Blur

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Can't decide between 2 frames!’ is closed to new replies.