Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Canon S90
  • tails
    Free Member

Anyone got one. Are they as good as they look? Also who is cheapest at the moment. thanks

GrahamS

I used to have a Canon S45 and that was pretty good: alu body and manual controls.

I assume the S90 is twice as good 😀

tails
    Free Member

I assume the S90 is twice as good

:mrgreen:

podman
    Free Member

I've not got one, but I really do want one!

What do you usually shoot with? I usually use a 40d, the s90 really does feel tiny and fragile in my hands, but I guess you'd get used to it! There's also a nice custom grip available for about £25, which I think will really help with the usability:

There's a nice thread of pictures taken with it here: http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=767912.

As for price, it was available for £295 from jessops for a couple of days last week; they had a £50 off voucher and had reduced the camera to £344.99- Bargain! I'm a bit short of cash at the moment or I'd have gone for it, at the moment I believe the best price is from Ian Kerr on ebay (Kerso, flash camera), I believe it's a grey import though. You can keep an eye on the UK retail prices here: http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk/prod1186.html.

tails
    Free Member

£295 would have been reet good. thanks for the pricebuster link, it appears to be getting universal love from the reviews.

£25 for a grip!!! think I'll fashion my own.

datsunman

I've had three now, when the current one goes back I won't be getting another…

First one was an open box (despite being sold as 'new') and had terrible backlight bleed across nearly half the LCD display, the second one had a couple of duff pixels smack bang in the centre of the display and the third one's lense is so poor the entire righthand third of the image is out of focus. The bit that is in focus isn't particularly sharp either.

It's a shame as the camera seemed to tick all of the boxes that the LX3 didn't (ie good colours, small and a semi decent zoom, I can live without the HD video), but I'm dismayed at the lack of QC for what is supposed to be Canon's top of the range camera.

If you get a good one I'm sure it will be a keeper, just make sure you look for the known faults (and accept, if that's what you want to do) as soon as you get it.

DrJ
    podman
    Free Member

datsunman- sounds like you've had more than your fair share of troubles there :/

I'm going to try to get mine in Jessops if I can, it's the only camera shop local and it's nice to have somewhere to go back with problems (if I have any).

tails
    Free Member

That doesn't sound good datsun, hope they get you sorted. Podman try to bargain them down, as it can be found £60 cheaper online.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Canon S90’ is closed to new replies.