• This topic has 9 replies, 8 voices, and was last updated 15 years ago by Del.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Canon IXUS….which one
  • bruneep

to get………..**** loads of models available budget around the £200-£250 mark.

Which one is worth the money?

Thanks

B

alexpalacefan

I have a 70, and it does all I need, a fantastic little camera, and QUICK to start-up. Viewfinder is nice, as you can’t see a screen on a sunny day.
    A

soops
    Free Member

For that sort of money you can pick up a canon G9.
    A bit bigger but an excellent camera. 🙂

simonralli2
    Free Member

Check on Amazon. Mine had something like £80 off on Amazon. I have the 75 but I am sure you will get better for your budget. Quite a few still on offer there.

woffle
    Free Member

I sold my G9 for £250 – immaculate with leather retro case and a couple of SD cards. We got rid as the idea was that my wife could carry it around and take more pics of the kids than she does with the DSLR. The reality was she was happier with her old Ixus i – 4MP, size of an ipod nano (tho’ thicker): quick and simple in the extreme.

I prefer the pics taken from the earlier, smaller sensor Ixus to be honest. I picked up a 5MP model for about £70 on fleabay and it is well made, starts up quickly, as 0 shutter lag, takes decent indoors shots without flash and the pics will blow up to 8×6 without any issue.

allyharp

I have a 70 and think it’s excellent.

My dad just got a 90 for £130 on pixmania but I haven’t had a chance to test it out yet.

rOcKeTdOg

i have an 80, small and robust enough for the pocket on rides

cxi
    Free Member

I’ve got an 860 IS – I think it’s EOL now but you might find one for a good price. Has a slightly wider-angle lens which is a bonus and the LCD on the back is huge.

Del

i have a 75, GF has a 70. the 75 is a lovely size – just that wee bit smaller. most of the ixus range take pretty good shots.

Del

sorry – should be the 70 is a wee bit smaller.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Canon IXUS….which one’ is closed to new replies.