Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Canon G16
  • bigh
    Free Member

I’m thinking of getting one of these for biking, I used to be mad keen on filming everything with a gopro but that gets old fast. I would go for a sony Rx 100 m2 but the canon has a good reputation for its ruggedness.
    So does anyone use a G16 or G15 and how do you rate it?

sharkattack

I’ve got a G12 and it’s amazing. All the manual settings and the ability to shoot RAW makes it a legitimate stand in for a DSLR. Didn’t realise they were up to 16 I’m off to check them out….

EDIT: looks great but they’ve ditched the articulated screen. I originally thought it was a bit gimmicky but I use it loads to shoot from the ground or over head. Wider aperture and available throughout the zoom range though which mine can’t do.

deft
    Free Member

I still use a G10! For happy snaps and in dull light I probably couldn’t tell the difference between it and my SLR.

jimw
    Free Member

i have used a G15, excellent picture quality and the build quality is great. Very easy to use, I have no problems with ‘lack’ of articulated screen, especially as it has made the camera more compact. It is quite heavy though- a result of it’s metal chassis. Picture quality is very good.

bigh
    Free Member

Thanks for responding. I may save a few and go for a G15

takisawa2

G9 here. Tough as ol boots..

Andy_Sweet
    Free Member

I’ve got a G12 I’m considering selling if you’re interested in something used…..

daftvader
    Free Member

G15 here and its great

bigh
    Free Member

Bought a G15, couldn’t see the point of another 200 quid on small improvements.
    Very nice.

CraigW
    Free Member

Is it really that tough? In my experience, Canon compacts often die with a “lens error”. I don’t know if this has been fixed in newer models.

Rockdodger
    Free Member

G15 for me and its a really good versatile piece of photographic gear.

ampthill

I think lens error was a while back

I have picked up a G15 and it felt great to use. So yes its a contender

But I’d be very tempted by a Sony RX100. If only because its sensor is better in low light or at high iso

It depends on where you ride perhaps. The woods round here are very dark in the winter. The G15/16 catches up as you zoom in as it has a faster lens zoomed in

Of the other thing that put me off the g15 was the slower burst rate. It looks like the G16 has sorted this out

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Canon G16’ is closed to new replies.