Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Canon 70D or Canon 7Dmark2 ?
  • mrsfry
    Free Member

I want a new camera (just becuase and i can) I have the 600D but want something with a bit more umph!

Sticking with APS-C as it’s cheaper and i already have the lenses, plus i like the frame size. I just like going out and shooting nature, landscapes and wildlife (big and small). My dilema is do i go for the 70D with the better sensor and slightly more pixels or go for the 7D with slightly more pixels and better sensor and weather proofing.

I have looked on Youtube and read reviews that says that the 70D is a good workhorse and built to last in all types of weather, but it has only basic weather proofing. 7D has the same bells and whistles but with a bit more umph!

So should i get the 70D or the 7Dmark2.

PS
    I can get the 70D in five weeks or the 7D in 10 weeks

badllama
    Free Member

If your just after stills only then 7d mk2 if you plan shooting any video in the future then 70d.The 7d mk2 is one of the best stills cameras ive ever used 🙂

mrsfry
    Free Member

No

70D or the 7D mark2

badllama
    Free Member

Sorry mrsfry for the edit i shot canon for over 20 years 7d mk 2 rocked

sharkattack

I don’t keep up to date with camera tech but personally, I can’t wait to get a 7D 2. I only research what’s out when I’m due for something new and it’s perfect for me. It’ll be an ideal companion to my mk1 which has been like a hammer. It gets soaked in water and it’s been totally jammed up with mud and dust loads of times. Always scrubs up alright and keeps on trucking.

Frankenstein
    Free Member

Had this problem with Sony A7 vs. A7s.

Buy what you need it for.

We still take the 7D as a back up for shooting pictures and odd video.

Video and we use the A7S.

mrsfry
    Free Member

@Badllama No problem. Were still on for Sunday 🙂

You chaps do have a good point about the 7D mark2, and being England with it’s tropical climate weather sealing is a good call.

Rockdodger
    Free Member
    Sandwich

I remember a mate of mine pointing out that the expensive EF Canon Lenses are needed for the weatherproofing to be effective. Things like the 28-104 f4, jobbie from memory. This may be old news as I haven’t kept up with DSLR tech.

Hanky

My money has just gone on a 7D Mark 2, and there’s been some great promotions from Canon at the moment such as free battery grip / rebate on lenses etc. The Ken Rockwell site is a good resource.

badllama
    Free Member

😀 Mrsfry
    The ONLY reason I moved to a Panasnoic GH4 was for the 4K video the 7D Mk II still kicks it’s arse on stills.
    The last shots I did with it was a mates band in very “challenging” lighting conditions up to 3200 ISO looked fab I even got some shot at 12800 ISO that were usable bloody great camera. Wish I still had it TBH 😕

jaymoid

As a canon user, I’d be mightily tempted to get a d500 instead, it’s pretty much superior is the majority of ways to the 7dmkII, but depends what your use case is and how many canon mount lenses you’ve invested in.

mrsfry
    Free Member

Thank you chaps. I’m pretty much a Canon chap due to already having Canon lenses and previously having the naughty D600 (never again), and i have already gone lens happy with Canon

OK. In ten weeks i shall have enough for the 7D MK2 (that’s not a long wait 🙁 )

bearnecessities

I’m pretty much a Canon chap

Oopsy daisy. 😀

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Canon 70D or Canon 7Dmark2 ?’ is closed to new replies.