Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • canon 1000d/450d owners
  • rOcKeTdOg

what are the 450d’s advantages over the 1000d?, i’ve read the reviews but wondered if any one has real world experience between the two and if the 450d is worth the extra £120 or so?

Dudie
    Free Member

Haven’t shot with a 1000D but have handled one and it feels a bit more plasticky than the 450D (which I own). The 450D has a bit more textured rubber on the body and a more robust lens mount.

Other than that I believe the major differences are:

– Two less autofocus points on the 1000D – I use the centre point 99% of the time so no big deal for me there.

– Two less megapixels on the 1000D – so what?

– No spot metering on the 1000D – I use this occasionally on the 450D and have found it useful for wildlife shots in poor lighting.

The 450D does feel better than the 1000D but, depending on the type of photography you will be doing, the different features may not make a huge difference. If I was buying all over again, I doubt I could really justify an extra £120 for the extra the 450D offers. Either camera can do far more than I can.

rOcKeTdOg

cheers

happysnapper
    Free Member

Comaprison can be found in the DPRreview site here.

Hope that helps

happysnapper
    Free Member

I assume they come with the same lens, that could make a bigger difference than the small changes in the actual body in my experience.

rOcKeTdOg

yea both come as standard with the same lens

silverside
    Free Member

the kit lens on the canon 450/ 1000 is not great, (well it does the job but upgrading to a £250 lens makes a huge difference)

i own a 450d, picked up the 1000d and it feels plasticy – no thumb grip – i think i would go with the 1000d though, or possibly a 40d (even as an upgrade in a years time).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘canon 1000d/450d owners’ is closed to new replies.