Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • "Cannot unlock maps" Garmin Edge 1000
  • munkster
    Free Member

Anyone had this? Just plugged the SD card from my 810 (which I’d, in turn, transferred from my 800 before that so I’m unsure they are locked to a device) into the 1000 that Santa brought me, and it says “Cannot unlock maps”.

I guess I could slum it with OSM maps 😉 but do like OS maps.

Any workarounds anyone knows? Merry Humbug thanks!

rickmeister

Fixable via the Garmin online site?

cnud
    Free Member

May be able to help, drop me a line. Email in profile

munkster
    Free Member

rickmeister – how does registering the device help? Or do you mean somehow register the maps TO the device?

YGM cnud…

nickdavies

There’s a bit about this on the garmin forums – I think there are some bugs but IIRC the preprogrammed garmin maps are limited to the device they’re registered to. This I think is now one device but it used to be two, so your older maps may have been ok on the 800 and 810 but no good on the new one as its a 3rd device.

It’s crap tbh, they should allow more freedom with the maps given how expensive they are.

Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

Use my garmin OS map SSD card in 800, 1000 and Oregon 650. Works fine.

rone

I did exactly the same and get this error. As far as I can tell as long as you’ve made the os map active on the device (in the menu) they still work.

Whether officially you have to deactivate them first on your 800/810 – I don’t know. I didn’t and get the error but they still work.

Don’t write data to the card though , that locked me out for ages and caused a few problems – keep it to the internal memory.

rickmeister

And while we are here, this is quick and easy to do and might help if your Garmin is lost …

http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2013/08/display-number-garmin.html

njee20
    Free Member

Dodged a bullet there, OSM are far better!

munkster
    Free Member

Dodged a bullet there, OSM are far better!

Why?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘"Cannot unlock maps" Garmin Edge 1000’ is closed to new replies.