Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannot Decide Where in London To Stay For Ride London 100
  • flippinheckler
    Free Member

I am being really indecisive about where I should book a hotel, either somewhere by the finish or by the start, I also have the issue of getting myself and my bike from Euston Station to whereever. I don’t know London so cycling from the station to cental london fills me with dread also is there an over land train to Olympic Park from Euston I could take my bike on.

From what I can gather there will be transport to take riders and their bikes part of the way to the start from London.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Sorry struggling to make sense of your post.

But

Euston to Olympic park is porbably a 15/20min ride… easily doable.

Not sure whether you can take a bike on the North London (overland) line and again not sure you could take a bike on the tube (probably not/never seen one) anyway it’ll take twice as long by public trans … just ride it… you’ll be fine 🙂

brakes
    Free Member

it’s not the most obvious of routes from Euston to the Olympic Park so I’d get the train from St Pancras to Stratford. might have to go to Highbury and Islington and then get on the Overground.

Ro5ey
    Free Member

Really ? … Euston/Pentonville/City road (A501) east to Old Street round about… take a left onto Comerercial St ((A1202) down to Algate… then throw a left onto Whitechapel/Mile End Road (A11) and striaght out to Stratford (A118)… ok 20 min if you know the way … but you literally only have to take three turns (left,right,left) .. allow half an hour.

It’ll make you enjoy the leafy lanes of the Home Counties a little more at least

brakes
    Free Member

brakes
    Free Member

I’d go up Upper Street and along Balls Pond/ St. Pauls Road, but once you get East of Dalston it gets a bit confusing… for me anyway.

jond
    Free Member

Euston> Stratford’s not too bad, and particularly at that time on a sunday morning. In any case, overground trains might be an issue depending on your start time – I’m in N Surrey on the Waterloo mainline through Surbiton, and the earliest I can get to Waterloo is 7:30 with a 6:50 train 😮 An extra 25 miles across town s a bit more than I’d like to add !

>From what I can gather there will be transport to take riders and their bikes part of the way to the start from London

Do you have any more detail on that? I’ve got a late-released entry which I still have to register for (by/on the 13th) so haven’t received any update mails. I mailed wiggle events yesterday about what the deal is, but have heard no reply so far. They mention park+rides in their FAQ – including one halfway round – but it’d be a bit pointless if it was park-and-ride-yer-bike. There’s also the minor point that I might be riding a recumbent – knees and Leith Hill permitting – and that could depend on how they’re ferrying bikes since it’s a bit long.

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Sorry if I was a little vague but I will be staying for two nights in London so will book a Hotel near Hyde Park (seen one that takes bikes) and then I will cycle over to Olympic Park on Sunday Morning, I just wondered how easy it was to cycle from Euston to say Hyde Park tried using google maps directions on foot to get from Euston to Harley Street but my sense of direction went to pot 😳

whippersnapper
    Free Member

Euston to Hyde Park is a bit confusing because Belgravia and Soho are a mass of small one way streets with Oxford Street in the middle. If I was doing it I would cut down to St James Park, up to Buckingham Palace and into Hyde Park (you get to see some sights that way).

Getting lost in London on a bike can be fun though. Plenty to see.

littlemisspanda
    Free Member

I’m doing it as well, staying with friends near Richmond. I’m not sure how I’m going to get there yet, and haven’t had much info about the park and ride either…it says on the website that the June email will contain this info.

jond
    Free Member

Ah – thanks, sounds like the details haven’t been sent out yet.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannot Decide Where in London To Stay For Ride London 100’ is closed to new replies.