Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • cannot afford a Mac so what's a good laptop?
  • SOAP
    Free Member

like the look of Sony’s but probably get more for ya buck with leser brands.
    any advice, ta

peterfile
    Free Member

what do you need it for?

Conqueror
    Free Member

Novatech do some reasonable ones..

they sell with or without windows too…

so you can choose not to use windows and use Linux or source windows cheaper elsewhere

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/all/

this one looks good (as long as you don’t need a gaming graphic card)

http://www.novatech.co.uk/novatech/laptop/range/omega.html

SOAP
    Free Member

torents,video coversion,itunes,and internet and a little bit of word/excel

spw3

Refurb mac off the Mac Store? New or nearly new, fully refurb’d, guaranteed and delivered to your door..

vrapan
    Free Member

2nd refurb Mac, or how about a Lenovo X220?

peterfile
    Free Member

what’s your budget, i’ll have a look for some good examples that would do the things you want.

starsh78
    Free Member

2nd hand mac?

SOAP
    Free Member

500 ish would be nice depending on how much the tax man wants to give me back.:)

stevemtb
    Free Member

When I was looking a lot of people advised me to get a Lenovo. I’m very happy that I went with their suggestion!

samuri
    Free Member

Lenovo. I have a work one and a personal one. Rock solid piece of kit.
    The desktop support guy at work was telling me that they very, very rarely get any back for hardware problems and we have an estate of about 1000 laptops.

I’d say the only bad thing about my work one, a T61, is that it weighs a ton. Not normally a problem but when I commute and need to carry it on my back for some reason then I really know it’s there.

john_drummer
    Free Member

does it have to be a laptop? they’re compromised at pretty much everything except fitting into an easily handled bag at 5kg or less.

just a thought

Sidney
    Free Member

I bought a fairly decent spec (core i5, 4gb ram, 500gb hard drive) Acer Aspire 5742 two months ago. Compared to the entry level Toshiba it replaced it doesn’t feel as solid and the keyboard isn’t as easy to use (may be a case of getting used to it) but in every other aspect it is way ahead. In particular it’s much much faster, noticably better screen and the battery last much longer. Perhaps have a look at one.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘cannot afford a Mac so what's a good laptop?’ is closed to new replies.