Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Cannondale's new timetroll bike
  • aracer
    Free Member

Well I guess you avoid most of the potential issues with a TT bike. Just leaving that it’s almost certainly going to be less aero. Oh, and of course the elephant in the room which is really emphasised with a TT bike, that they’re solving a non-existent problem.

legend
    Free Member

that they’re solving a non-existent problem.

yeah but they’ve really fixed it by also putting a 160mm front rotor on it!

mogrim

that they’re solving a non-existent problem.

Until they run a TT in the rain, at which point the brakes have a definite advantage…

aracer
    Free Member

Do many TTs?

Brakes on my TT bike are rubbish, haven’t noticed them make a significant difference to my performance dry or wet.

mogrim

Do many TTs?

Dunno, and not checked. But given the aerodynamic difference is debateable, and the weight difference not that critical on the (usually) flattish TT stages, I can’t see any reason why they wouldn’t use them.

aracer
    Free Member

Really? In any case the elephant remains.

eddie11
    Free Member

i was going to say that with convoluted cable routing on TT bikes a hydro brake would be a big advantage. but then I saw its cable operated?! Cables plus crap routing? I bet those brakes are awful.

cyclistm
    Free Member

Agree with Eddie11. Hydro would be great, but mechanical? I’m not even sure why they are running tektro and not shimano mechanical brakes. Either way I bet the riders hate them.

Sandwich

‘n’ Dice. That’s going to remove so many feet.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

FWIW cannondale has had a tt bike called the slice for a while. Aero gains are possible with new rim profiles and the fact that the air around the hub is churned up already. Though I’m not sure this is the bike that makes the most of these points.

prawny

I reckon some of the GT TT stages are significantly more technical that a Thursday night club 10, was it at the tour a couple of years ago when 3 or 4 went down at the same corner, I reckon they could be on to something.
    Agree that for club testers, at least in the UK, disc brakes are pointless.

Less chance of slicing anyone up too, as they shouldn’t be there.

Malvern Rider
    Free Member

ratherbeintobago

I bet those brakes are awful.

But if you’re not going to use them much… does it matter?

bikebouy
    Free Member

Did you see the TT yesterday with Sky ?

Front wheel collapsed, just shattered. Splintered into about 30 pieces, no discs were involved.. makes you think though eh.

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

All the cool kids are going for a swim first and then riding these

legend
    Free Member

prawny – Member
    I reckon some of the GT TT stages are significantly more technical that a Thursday night club 10, was it at the tour a couple of years ago when 3 or 4 went down at the same corner, I reckon they could be on to something.

We’re the crashes because they couldn’t slow down in time?

torsoinalake
    Free Member

What is that Cervelo monstrosity? Does it have an engine in it?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

What is that Cervelo monstrosity? Does it have an engine in it?

P5X. At £10,000 you’d hope so, and go knows there’s enough room for one. It’s a monstrosity but it’s actually a really well designed monstrosity; the aero bars fold flat downwards so the bike can fit in it’s own bespoke case, loads of cubby holes on the frame, easily adjustable… It was a genuine ‘blank sheet’ job where they photographed, filmed and interviewed thousands of racers to see how they sat, where they actually carried food and hydration, what annoyed them about their bikes etc. I’m neither a triathlete nor a Cervelo fanboi but I was intrigued enough to do some reading around it.

stevious

First time I’ve seen disc brakes on a disc wheel. Looks odd.

Other than that, they’re potentially more aero and better braking means you can go faster so why wouldn’t you?

stevious

Also my new plan is to win the lottery, buy that cervelo and ride it around with all of the storage full of crisps and beer.

aracer
    Free Member

I’m impressed. The first road bike I’ve seen with discs where they don’t make it look worse.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale's new timetroll bike’ is closed to new replies.