Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Cannondale/Paul's Cycles. Where are all the discount bikes this time?
  • rockhopper70

It looks like the trigger thread has been running for twelve months so I wondered if there is a repeat of last years clearout as I like the look of the habit.
    There is only one FS 27.5 bike listed for sale!
    I presume something has changed this year, lower productions runs, stock selling at normal prices or Paul’s not getting them to clear out?

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I assumed the same – last year numerous models of C’dales were heavily discounted in loads of outlets as well as Pauls’ seeming to buy up all the old stuff, this year there’s far fewer models and stockists doing discounts so I assume they’ve sorted their stock. Still kicking myself for not getting a Supersix Hi Mod frame for £750, given people have been consistently shifting them for more used…

peteimpreza

I think in general they learned a lesson from last and had lower stocks this year .

Cannondale also seem to have given more support to the dealer network come sale time this year .

Ergo not much left for Pauls to shift .

Anyone in the trade got an insight ?

chakaping
    Free Member

Last year’s glut suggests a global surplus found its way to the UK, maybe Cannondale have been more canny with their planning this year – or maybe they think nobody in the UK will have any spare money after the Brexit shitfest?

Have you given Paul’s a bell to ask?

ampthill

I think bike sales were good this year. I was in a Giant outlet and they said all their end if season SAle CX stuff was actually French they’d bought up cheap. Giant actually sold through the whole UK stock by August

scotroutes

I’ve been told that bikes sales are down worldwide – bigly 😉

Some manufacturers have 3-4 years worth of components sitting in warehouses. It may be that we’ll be flooded with cheap components as a result (which should help offset any Brexit-related exchange rate increases.

zilog6128

Wrong time of year. There were plenty right after the new models came out (obviously not as many as in previous years!)

zilog6128

Wrong time of year. There were plenty right after the new models came out (obviously not as many as in previous years!). Think I got my Trigger in May a few years back.

coomber
    Free Member

Trigger has been stopped or replaced fully now by other models so assume they have less to shift as stopped production a while back?

A local bike shop had loads of cannondales last 12months so as above reckon they have shared them around or smaller players have been given the opportunity to buy cheap in small batches.

Schweiz
    Free Member

Weak pound likely to mean that global surplus will be flogged elsewhere this year.

rockhopper70

Or, maybe they are all floating around on the seas as a result of the Hanjin shipping collapse……

Rorschach
    Free Member

After the massive overstock by importers in ’14/’15 they have cut their sales forecasts and relied a lot more on shop pre-orders and them holding more stock than having a massive warehouse of unsold bikes come year end.Some models were sold out for the year by march/april.
    I also suspect that with 2017 prices going up 10-15% that they will hold onto 2016 stock till then and then sell them then at much lower discounts than they would have to do now.

sefton
    Free Member

I got a great deal a few years back.just before all 1×11 and thu axles came in. Standards have since stabilised and therefore the risk of getting stuck with duff stock is smaller. Imo

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

I also suspect that with 2017 prices going up 10-15% that they will hold onto 2016 stock till then and then sell them then at much

I kind of thought everyone would be doing this- why reduce a 2016 when it’s going to be cheaper than the 2017 next to it anyway? I did notice the reductions on C’dale CX bikes halved just as the season kicked off (mate bought a CaadX at 30% off, the next week they were 15%).

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale/Paul's Cycles. Where are all the discount bikes this time?’ is closed to new replies.