Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • kneebiscuit
    Free Member

It’s the Lefty Supermax, hence being a bit unsure

thorpey0
    Free Member

How have owners of trigger 3 gone about changing to a 1 x 10 set up? Will it work with the s1400 chainset buying a N/W chainring, is the chainline ok? Help and hints appreciated. Also has anyone had problems with their HILO dropper. Mine has given up the ghost and doesn’t look serviceable like on the x-fusion website.

abmatt
    Free Member

I just ditched the front mech and fitted a 34t n/w chainring from balckspire. Works fine.

astormatt
    Free Member

Ashy – 99% certain cannondale only let you fit a 180mm rotor on a lefty…
    I tried to look for a 203mm adaptor and read that 180mm is the max.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Bum. Need to lose some weight then, or invest in a brake parachute

mighty
    Free Member

The 2018 trigger has lost the lefty fork on all models and no longer uses pull shock, are these gonna be discontinued!!

parkesie
    Free Member

I’d prob get the new bike and fit my lefty. 🙂

kaysee

My question for today:

After a couple of busy riding weeks (Exmoor, Afan, BPW, Dalbeattie, Mabie, Ae, Kirroughtree, yeah I know my life sucks this week) I have traces of oil gathering on my Supermax 2.0 stantion. I’ve had the 2spring upgrade, but does any one else have oil weeping from their lefty, or am I after more warranty work?

parkesie
    Free Member

Always have little on both of mine. Aslong as it’s not pissing out and the fork works I wipe and carry on. It may however explode at any point.

Jason
    Free Member

I have just got my Lefty back from TFT. It was starting to get a lot of oil on the stanchion, I sent it in for a service. I got a call to say the top of the stanchion was badly scored and would need to be replaced… Very happy to find out that the fork has a two year warranty, so it was all sorted out FOC. A small amount of oil doesn’t appear to be anything to worry about, but any more could be a problem.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

When does the offer end? Once I’ve got my Cotic up and running I’ll be ready to send mine off.

hammerite
    Free Member

thorpey – not entirely happy with the Hilo. It was very slow coming back up so I added a bit more air which sorted that out. But now it sneaks up if down when I’m not sat on it or slips down a bit when extended and I’m say on it.

cogglepin

Can anyone tell me if the shifter on the Trigger 2 is Ispec b?

swainy90
    Free Member

I got trigger 4 mate and mine is slx I spec b hope this helps

cogglepin

Cheers.

hammerite
    Free Member

Has anyone fitted a stealth seatpost to a Trigger 3? Looks possible to me, although might be fiddly around be the bottom bracket.

longmover
    Free Member

Will be the same as a Trigger four, the is an outlet on the seat tube and another on the down tube. it was easy enough to do with the shock out.

hammerite
    Free Member

Mine has an out under the shock, the others are two holes almost in a straight line in the triangle, but not on the down tube. But these two are just almost like guides and not where I’d expect stealth routing to go. I’d expect the cable to not need to go out at all and just stay inside the frame.

hammerite
    Free Member

Ignore that, just had a closer look and I can now see that there is an in on the downtube right next to the shock. It was slightly covered by the rubber protector.

Thanks Longmover.

abmatt
    Free Member

@Swainy

Did you ever get round to changing your BB?

Mines getting a bit creaky now and the bearings are feeling a bit rough. Gave it a clean for now so I’ll see how I get on but it definitely needs doing before Les Gets.

abmatt
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/race-face-press-fit-30-x-type-bb-adapter/rp-prod106657

Don’t know if this is any good as a BB replacement?

Anyone?

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Anyone regreased all the pivot bearings on a trigger themselves? Sent it to NWMTB last year, but fancy doing it myself while I’ve got time. Also, what grease would you recommend?

rascal
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been done in the previous 56 pages BUT…
    Can I run a full internally routed dropper in my large Trigger….and will 1.5m cable be enough?
    I thank you…can I have a quick answer please? 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

Yes you can. I’ve just done it with the seat post recommended on your seat post thread.

rascal
    Free Member

Cheers Hammer – is that the bike you’re running yours on.

hammerite
    Free Member

Yes. But a medium, plenty of cable trimmed off though.

If you read up the page a bit I ask the question about internal cable routing.

rascal
    Free Member

Ha – there it is just half a page further up! Chees Hammer – think I’ll go for it with ubyk.

rascal
    Free Member

Just in process of installing internally routed dropper.
    Undid lower shock bolt to make it easier to thread hose through…not sure if I’ve taken a rubber bung off and lost it or if there was ever one there at all…must be though or frame would fill with water! Can anyone confirm either way ASAP please? Might need to source one as I can’t find it..any suggestions?

hammerite
    Free Member

No I don’t think there was one. I thought there was, but when I was checking something out the other day there wasn’t one there.

I didn’t remove anything and just taped the old and new cable hoses together and pulled one through with the other.

wonnyj
    Free Member

PSA: Paul’s have got the 2016 model in stock and on sale. £2380 for a carbon Trigger 2 🙂

longmover
    Free Member

I have a rubber bung on mine, still fills with water though.

rascal
    Free Member

Cheers longmover – think I may have located mine and good to know there is meant to be one.

cogglepin

Going 1 x 11 on my Trigger. Looking for a cassette with expander ring. What are you guys using?

hammerite
    Free Member

I changed to a mixture of Sram NX and GX, NX cassette and crankset, GX rear mech and shifter. NX cassette means you don’t need to change wheels or freehub.

cogglepin

Cheers, will have a look at those.

cogglepin

Will the Sunrace mx 8 11 speed cassette fit ok guys?

rascal
    Free Member

Anyone know where I can get a frame grommet for my Trigger? Need one for my seat tube…it’s a kp312 – tried Cannondalespares (revel sports) but no joy – their suppliers are out of stock too. Anyone have a spare they don’t need they’d be willing to part with? Any suggestions welcome – cheers

thepublican
    Free Member

I’m looking for a size large Trigger frame only if anyone happens to selling? Apologies for the stealth wanted Ad!

wonnyj
    Free Member
    spartus117
    Free Member

how much?

Viewing 40 posts - 1,961 through 2,000 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.