Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • craig24
    Free Member

Missed out on these bargains last year, can’t wait to see what can be had this year.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

How does it go with the offset bushes? BB a bit low?

eddiebaby
    Free Member

No idea Yet. I’m just getting ready to ride this afternoon. Nowhere rad but it’s ready for next weekend down Weymouth way.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

It’s lower but not too low now. Feels different and I’m looking forward to ragging it round the quarries.

RustyNissanPrairie

How does it go with the offset bushes? BB a bit low?

As stock the Jekyll is a good trail bike but not good enough as a mini DH/Enduro bike, the offsets improve it no end.

Not sure what the BB height/drop is as standard but it deffo feels a minus amount with offsets.

joolsburger
    Free Member

Going to convert my Trigger to 1 x 10 can anyone tell me the name of the doodad I need to attach my brake lever to the handlebar when I remove the shifter please?

parkesie
    Free Member

Shifter comes off the brake lever on the shimano xt. Brake lever works fine.

swainy90
    Free Member

Crazymac or anyone else that can help with the fox dyad return got a couple of questions. Is the returns a pre paid postage or is something that you have to pay yourself? When sending the rear shock do you send the cable and lever all attached or take them off and only send the shock? Also when shock is removed is there a way to stop the pivot section from cluncking off other sections of the bike. Hard to explain as I’m a bit of a novice but someone who has removed the rear shock will understand what happens to the pivot section. Cheers in advance

parkesie
    Free Member

Pay to send shock gets returned free. Just the shock no need to send lever. Carbon frame stays up unless you put weight on it due to the bendy stay design. Aloy will drop to the bottom just wedge a chunk of tyre in behind the linkage to stop it clanking the seat tube.

joolsburger
    Free Member

thanks parksie i should have looked closer!!

crazymac680
    Free Member

Pay to send it however you like. It gets returned recorded delivery.
    I left my cable and remote attached. I mentioned the outer was worn and they replaced it free of charge.
    I removed my dyad on the stand. Then lowered it slowly to the bottom and left it like that.
    I did consider having a mate make me a piece of aluminium the size of the dyad and riding it as a hard tail but thought better of it.

swainy90
    Free Member

Aha you would of got some looks aha. My cable has worn so I might also mention it and I’ve lost the o ring so hopefully they will sort me out too. Did you just leave a little note in the box you sent it in? Cheers again though mate

crazymac680
    Free Member

Cracking morning here today

Sample Page

crazymac680
    Free Member

I wrote it in the notes on the online request.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

BB seems significantly lower. Needs a bit of a tweak on the shock neg pressure but no real surprise there. Felt good flying down Corkscrew on the Ridgeway yesterday. Hardly a real test. That come from thursday onwards

jaylittle
    Free Member

Rode my trigger on yesterday’s Ard Rock Enduro….. the bike made me look better than I am and was pretty much faultless apart from an issue with the chain.

swainy90
    Free Member

Crazymac I’ve filled out the form was easy enough wrote in comments everything that is wrong with the shock. My only question to you now is how do they know when they get my shock that it’s mine? Do you just leave a note in there with your name contact number ect? Also did you send the bolts that attached the shock to you frame? Cheers again mate hopefully get this send tomorrow. Who did you use for currier also?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Such a versatile bike. Set the travel to 90mm, load it up snd off you go!

[/url]20160806_131330 by Ashcroftc83, on Flickr[/img]

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Nice work. I’ve got a Trigger 29er 1 and that is a superb mile muncher.

zerolight
    Free Member

Ashy that’s a nice alternative to mudguards. 🙂

I went for a nice 35k loop around Dumgoyne. Face and ass were covered in mud. The good news was the creak when climbing was cured by greasing the left Superstar pedal through the spindle cap. Can’t bring myself to get one of those silly whale tail rear mudguards and not too keen on the big mx style front guards either. Shame those little flex plastic enduroguard thingies do the fit the Lefty.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Could you adapt one with a bit of wire to form the arch?

zerolight
    Free Member

It would probably flop up and down against the tyre every time you hit a bump. I might just try an old skool crud catcher.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Thinking about it properly it wouldn’t work anyway, as the guard would need mounting to the upper leg and the wheel would hit it!

crazymac680
    Free Member

My latest chain stay protector. I think its going to be good. The back was super sticky and I can’t imagine it moving anytime soon.
    30mm velcro. Cheap as chips on ebay.

zerolight
    Free Member

Anyone fitted a zefal downtube protector to their Trigger carbon to protect from rock strikes. Looks like it might be good?

Crc link

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

It’s pretty ugly, but at least it’s removable. Might be something you could take on and off depending on where you’re riding.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Im tempted to try this one Link

zerolight
    Free Member

Can’t see how you could fit that. Even cutting the wee knobs off so that the inner surface is smooth, it has to sit atop cables.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I’d planned to cut it out to fit under the cables. Kind of irrelevant now as everywhere out of stock.

zerolight
    Free Member

I think you need to drive over to rockguardz for then benefit of this thread.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

If I didn’t live in North Yorkshire I would! There must be someone more local.

zerolight
    Free Member

I’m in Glasgow. So no use.

longmover
    Free Member

A bit of old tyre cable tied to the downtub will do the job.

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

But looks horrible and is heavy! 😉

crazymac680
    Free Member

Another big day out. Had some rocks bounce up and hit something. No sign of damage so guessing they hit the cranks or chain ring. Totally love my bike but sometimes feel like I’m slightly under biked on natural rock gardens.
    I’d say it’s perfect for 95% of my rides.
    Would the Jekyll have been perfect or would it make me feel over biked for 95%
    Anyone got access to both?

kneebiscuit
    Free Member

I do miss my old reign x0 with 170mm travel and the ability to smash through rocks, but the reality of my riding means that the Trigger is FAR quicker overall. I almost bought a Jekyll as well as my trigger, but luckily common sense prevailed!

astormatt
    Free Member

Here’s a few updated pics of my trigger. Excellent bike, really happy with it, things i have changed so far are, replaced the standard Mavic SLR wheels to the Crank Brothers Cobalt’s, fitted some 800mm Joystick Analog bars to replace the standard 740mm and changed the grips.

crazymac680
    Free Member

Stunner Astor.
    I went for the trigger 4 because I wanted the durability of aluminium frame. Stiffness of the standard 32mm forks and reliably of the slx brakes.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

My Trigger 29er can handle easily 90% percent of what my
    Jekyll Carbon 2 does. That is down to me not pushing myself enough. I would really miss the Jekyll though. There is just something about it and it is very comforting on the sillier stuff. Sadly I can’t justify both (and a Fatty Trail, and the Bad Boy)so the Trigger will be getting a polish and put up for sale.

@astormat: Nice looking bike. Love the Crank Bros wheels. Where did you get them from?

astormatt
    Free Member

@Eddie, I picked up the wheels from winstanleys. I thought they were a bit of a bargain @£299, my Mavics have developed a bit of a wobble so i bought these to use while the Mavics go away for warranty work.

Viewing 40 posts - 1,401 through 1,440 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.