Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • kneebiscuit
    Free Member

Good info, thanks. I’d seen that and been tempted.

andyl
    Free Member

Bit of a dilemma, will I ruin my trigger if I fit a 42mm offset Pike? (150mm version which is within the max a-c of the frame).

I’ve not ridden the trigger in anger yet and have the Pike here, on the car park test the trigger is incredibly responsive to steering inputs so I am wondering if I will notice or even prefer the increased trail at high speed and benefit from the reduced wheelbase at low speed. Would be slightly reducing the stem too and wider bars.

I tend to do a lot of tight twisty stuff and then point and blast down fast very rocky descents if it helps (wishing I had just opted for the Jekyl) and do feel and prefer a nice stiff front end (got some 35mm carbon rims ready to go on).

crispy1980
    Free Member

I’m tempted by the jekyll 4, loads of bike fir the money. However, has anyone found any decent long term reviews of how the shock performs? Reliability etc

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    longmover
    Free Member

Andyl once the Trigger is slackened up a bit it becomes very stable and planted on steep technical and fast trails, climbing does suffer a bit though.

crazymac680
    Free Member

Crispy. I’d go for the jekyll if you are going to use all that travel. I’ve not seen any bike that can match the value. 130 people have spoken on this forum in the last 6 months. I’ve not seen a bad word about the shock.

swainy90
    Free Member

After some new tyres for my trigger 4. What you guys recommend. Was thinking high roller 2s and also will they fit in the back as there fairly wide at 2.3

parkesie
    Free Member

They fit into the carbon 2 just fine.

rascal
    Free Member

Spesh Butcher for front and Purgatory for back – with Grid sidewalls.
    Way better than the WTB crappers that were on there before.

astormatt
    Free Member

I have had my Trigger Team for around 5-6 weeks, too early to say if it’s “amazing” but i will say it it has exceeded my expectations. I replaced my mega tr with the trigger as i do more long distance marathons etc so i wanted something more long distance friendly and i don’t regret it one bit.
    The trigger is faster, up and down and
    more comfortable.
    The rear shock feels great and the travel adjust is excellent, I need to dial in the lefty a bit more but again it is really good so far.
    The only thing i have replaced are the grips as the grub screws were rounded off so i couldn’t tighten them up! And I have played around with a lot of tyre combo’s.
    If i knew how i would put a few pics up….
    Would seriously consider another Cannondale after having this one next time i look at another bike.

dave661350

Trigger 2 carbon ordered, annoyingly it’ll arrive Thursday/Friday and we go on a non bike family holiday for two weeks on the Saturday. :mrgreen: 🙁

eddiebaby
    Free Member

If you want to get it delivered to me I’ll look after it for you. Honest.

dave661350

Wow, many thanks…I’ll bear that in mind if they cock up delivery…. 😆

jonnyrobertson

Just been fiddling in the garage, bodged a guard for the dropper post out of an old RRP neoguard. Used the two velcro straps over the top of the seat clamp, cut off the three at the bottom and threaded a zip tie used for the post cable guide through the left and right holes on the bottom of the guard. Not sure when I’ll get off my increasingly fat arse to test it out but looks like it’ll do a job of keeping crud away. I’d previously bodged (bodging’s what I do, it seems) another small guard attached to the seatstays out of the same plastic used for the likes of Mucky Nutz stuff (I made it out of a cheap plastic folder from Wilkos), just to give a bit of extra mud protection to the shock. That’s actually worked pretty well. A small rubber furniture pad stops it rubbing on the seat tube.

Reading that back it appears that maybe I need to spend less time bodging and faffing and more time actually riding… 😳

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

Can anyone recommend or give me a link for some sort of protector for the cables to run through on the lefty?

parkesie
    Free Member

This thing. currently out of stock but can be found on ebay.

zerolight
    Free Member

Don’t get the Leo cable guard. It’s really shit. I sent mine back. It’s just a cheap bit of plastic and it only stands a chance of not spitting into its two halves of you choose to superglue it around your cables. Two cable ties looped together (one horizontal around the fork and the other looped through it vertically around the cables does a far better and more discrete job and costs almost nothing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Just getting the Jekyll ready for this afternoon and whilst it was hanging up I decided to weigh it. The previous weight with Nobby Nics and Superstar Mag Deltas was 32.18lb.
    Since then I’ve lost weight by going XT 1×11 but gained it by replacing the XT brakes with Hope V4. Current weight is 29.5lb. Not to bad. I can’t see where I could save weight down to the level of the Carbon Team though, those final 3lb will cost a lot to shed.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Tubes weigh about 200g each, have you gone tubeless. And did you take the crank set off your self to convert it to 1 x 11 because mine is so tight it’s like it’s glued on. I can not budge it, it’s ridiculous.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Yup, tubeless already, but half a can of Slime in each puts the weight back up.
    Getting the crank off was easy (eventually).
    Get a big 10mm hex key. Find a kerb or step the right height so the pedal is wedged at the 7 o’clock position. Stick the hex in the crank at 9 o’clock, sit on the bike and just apply pressure with your foot until it moves. A really good fitting hex is important. Lightly ‘pumping’ on the pedal with increasing commitment did it for me.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I meant “pumping” my weight on the hex…

crazymac680
    Free Member

Since going 1×10 I’ve burnt out my legs on a couple of mountain epics. I installed a sunrace mx3 11 – 42 last night.
    Really easy job. Only required a small b screw adjustment. Gears change perfect.
    Only niggle is on the 42 you can’t pedal backwards or it drops to the 36.
    However this never happened under normal use.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Thanks Eddie I’ll give that a try. I got to say though the bike pedals much lighter it has amazed me. I’m just going to take off the cranks put a 34 oval ring on and remove the front mech and shifter. I’ve got an x10sl chain from KMC coming too. I’m tempted by some easton haven carbon bars, CRC has them on clear out £53 for a set of 740 wide.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Thanks for the PSA. Bars ordered.

jonnytheleyther
    Free Member

I got my crank off by extending the hex with an old seatpost, came off pretty easy then.

dave661350

Well my Carbon 2 arrived today, very well packed. Took about an hour to build it up (nice and steady with a coffee on the go)
    It’s lovly to look at, just got to ride it now.

zerolight
    Free Member

Congrats Dave! I love mine more than any other bike I’ve ever owned. Enjoy.

I suggest you cable tie your cables to the fork leg. They will otherwise rub patches of paint away in a single ride.

Also suggest some helicopter tape around the bottom inch of the head tube and under that on the half inch of Lefty bracket – I got some cable rash there too, especially on the Lefty.

dave661350

Cheers, will do that in the morning as I have a bit of 3m tape.

superstu
    Free Member

No photos for ages on this thread! Let’s see what they’re now looking like.

astormatt
    Free Member

astormatt
    Free Member

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Schwiiing! Very nice. I’m off to play on my Jekyll today so I’ll fire a snap off.

longmover
    Free Member

Has anyone had to do a hub service on the formula hubs from a Trigger 4 yet?

andy3809
    Free Member

If anyone is after a trigger 4 that’s only done 10 miles then give me a shout. Size large. Upgraded to single 32 ring … Thompson stem and seatpost, race face atlas bars, charge spoon saddle, nobby NIC tyres.

Warranty still to be registered so can be done in new owners name.

Going back to a hardtail

Andy

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Had a good ride at Sulham yesterday and the had an afternoon pole trying out my new Gopro gimble.

Here’s the Jekyll with it’s new Easton carbon bar. Since the pic was taken I’ve fitted red ESI silicone grips. Cleaned up post ride the bike now weighs 29lb 2oz.

crazymac680
    Free Member

I’m tempted by those Easton bars. Does anyone know how much the stock bars on a trigger 4 weight?
    Thanks

jonnyt
    Free Member

Does anyone know how much the stock bars on a trigger 4 weight?

Mine weighed in at 384g. Wish I hadn’t already replaced them, those Easton bars look very good for the money.

crazymac680
    Free Member

Thanks johnnyt. That’s a good saving so I bought them.

zer0c00l44
    Free Member

Ive fitted the Easton carbon vars to my Jekyll and removed the 2x and replaced with an absolute black 34 oval from CRC to make it a 1 x 10. Can not notice the difference in the shape of the chain ring at all. Pedals superbly, I am mega glad I switched. Took it for a quick spin up a few hills and feels great to pedal, the 34 was the correct choice, I think the 32 would have been too easy for me to pedal. Saved over a pound in weight too, pimp gold KMC x10SL still on its way from China though. Super glad I purchased the Jekyll, pedals like a much lighter bike, I am blown away by it.

philxx1975
    Free Member

Won’t someone do it already

philxx1975
    Free Member

Viewing 40 posts - 961 through 1,000 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.