Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • mark97
    Free Member

Hi, I’m 5′ 7″ with a 29″ inseam, please could someone my height confirm what size in the trigger fitted them? I am thinking medium as that’s what size my current bike is (a 2008 stumpy fsr) but I realise that my height puts me on the cusp of a small/medium. I have looked through the thread but have not seen anyone my height confirm what size actually fitted. Also what size stem does the bike come with? I’m looking at the team or carbon 2, so want to know what the options are for fitting a shorter stem if necessary.
    Thanks from a first time poster but long time lurker.
    Regards
    Mark

Clink

I’m stuck on Cannondale sizing too. At 5’10” I’m bang on the margin between medium and large. Medium ett seems short?

longmover
    Free Member

Might be technique…
    Or maybe mine were just bastards! The mechanic at the LBS had a struggle with my front one too and he knows what he’s doing. The rear was a bit easier, but not a job to be carried out in the wet and dark.

My ones were also bastards, I still haven’t forgiven them for the mocking I received whilst trying to get them back on!

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    rascal
    Free Member

Gone for Butcher & Purgatory Grid.
    Got them from Websters Cycles in Leicester over phone as they order them in from Spesh.
    Got the pair for £50 instead of £70 – plus £3.99 delivery – happy with that price.
    Ask for Ash.

gallowayboy

Anyone else noticed a slight resistance at the start of the Dyad shock travel – a sort of click as it starts to compress (or extend, whatever). Happens on the 140 setting, not the short travel setting, rest of suspension movement is smooth. Seems to have started since a recent reset of the shock.

I’ve Followed this thread from the start, and it helped to guide me to get the trigger for my 13year old in the summer (he saved £550 so we coughed up the rest for his birthday) It’s served him well on local trails, several trail centres plus a day at Antur Stiniog – he loves it and his ridings’ come on leaps and bounds on it.

fedormega
    Free Member

Clink, I’m 6’1 and the large fits me fine although I do use use a lay back seat post with the standard stem (60mm I think) as the ETT does seem abit short for me with a 740mm bar.

What do you currently ride? I also have an 18″ Stanton Slackline which is def smaller but suits the hardtail chuckability. The larger Trigger feels more at home being a full wusser.

You can easily swap out stem, bar and seatpost to fine tune your sizing either way if your on the cusp of both a medium or large.

You get one though – so much bike for the £ and excellent to ride up and down

Clink

Thanks for that. My current bike is a Salsa Horsethief. The Cannondales seem to have short ett for their size, or is it me?

bombjack
    Free Member

I’m stuck on Cannondale sizing too. At 5’10” I’m bang on the margin between medium and large. Medium ett seems short?

I’m also 5 10 and when I demo’d a heap of ‘dales the other week I found the medium to be waaaaay to short in the top tube. It was like riding a big bmx. I’d definitely go for the large. Oh and the stock tyres on the 2016s are also just as bad.

trickyd444
    Free Member

I’m 6’1 and ride a Large Trigger, 32″ inside leg. I have the seat about 1cm from full forward on a Reverb Stealth post so I have a bit more space for moving around when it’s dropped, and the bike just feels a bit more balanced. There is an 80mm stem on the L and XL. The bike is perfect, seemed a bit large to begin with but I got over that quickly.

binners

I’m also 5 10 and when I demo’d a heap of ‘dales the other week I found the medium to be waaaaay to short in the top tube. It was like riding a big bmx.

I suppose its down to personal preference, but I’m the same height and find my medium perfect. In fact I’ve put a shorter stem on it, to pull the bars in a bit more. But then again if you asked me to describe my perfect bike it would be ‘like a big bmx’.

I tried the large and it didn’t feel right at all. Too long.

richardthird

I’d be happy on my 5’10 mate’s M 29er. I’m 6′ but would also probs go for a large, not at 5’10 though.

On the M, he’s too little to be able to fit a 125 reverb, had to go 100, another thing to consider.

His Wolvs refitted on the WTBs with nae bother also. Just added jizz and valves for instant tubeless.

mark97
    Free Member

Just picked up a Cannondale Trigger Team from Paul’s, because I was uncertain on sizing they built a bike up for me to go and view/ try for size. The medium fits me well (5’7″ with 29″ inside leg) very similar to my Stumpy. The colour is amazing stealth black with bright green also feels very light but I have no scales. Still waiting for the postman to deliver my pedals, and want to shorten the reverb hose and replace the white(?) gear cable outer.
    Pauls were very helpful and like many others here I would use them again.
    Mark

hammerite
    Free Member

5′ 10 here too and the medium Trigger seems fine

alpin
    Free Member

does anyone have a picture of a black Trigger, pref samll, covered in mud or at least in a “used” condition?

want to wind a friend up. we had their Trigger delivered to my folks as Pauls do not ship to Germany. the bike is still in its box, but i want to say that i christened it today….

cheers.

hammerite
    Free Member

Alpin – bike in use, but not covered in mud – see http://singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/cannondale-trigger-bargain/page/14

trickyd444
    Free Member

Has anyone with a Trigger 3 or 4 shortened the stem on a Large? It’s 80mm just now and just feeling a bit long. The S/M have a 50mm stem which would be preferable. Any options? CRC have the Easton Havoc but only black at 65mm, the Orange would probably distract me too much…

alpin
    Free Member

Cheers hammerite….seen it already, but she’ll never believe that the UK is that dry… Tbh, not would I. 😀

binners

trickyd444 – I posted up the CRC link to the Easton stems earlier on the thread as I’ve put a 50mm one on. I thought it felt a bit long too. Its In black though. That Orange is horrible. I couldn’t live with it.

You can get a Thomson

trickyd444
    Free Member

binners – Did you notice a difference with the 50mm? I’m trying to cure some lower back strain at the same point of my regular run after a long low climb. I have the seat about 5mm from fully forward, just feeling a bit too stretched out. This bike is long!

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

Anyone else have a problem with their lefty sticking down? I know the new supermax lefties has self resetting bearinings, but it still mentions needing to do a manual reset every 50 hours. As these are solo air forks could the transfer port be getting block ala rockshox solo air systems?

Dansk1

Could someone PLEASE buy the last of these? Pauls seem to keep finding more and I’m getting tempted.

flowerman
    Free Member

Had my trigger 4 for about 3 months now and am enjoying it quite a lot. Climbs very well and is generally good fun. However what I have noticed is a awful lot of rear end flex. I seem to find the tire very regularly rubs the chainstays, and not just a little but it slows the bike down a bit and makes a noise. I am running slightly wider rear tire, a 2.4 conti trail king and after swapping to a narrower 2.2 tire the problem was pretty similar. I’m a downhill rider, never had a full sus trail bike. I don’t know if I’m just used to the solid stiff feeling of a dh bike, or whether the trigger is just a flexy bike?

parkesie
    Free Member

Only thing that flexes noticibly on the carbon one is the back wheel when it’s being abused.

PROLINE85
    Free Member

Not enough pictures of people’s bikes on this thread – here’s mine today before the mud

Surprised how good these bikes are 🙂

crazymac680
    Free Member

I’ve uploaded a couple of videos of from my xiaomi yi action cam.
    These are my local trails in stornoway.
    The originals are great 1080p 60fps. I downgraded them with windows movie maker to the default youtube settings. 25mbps to 5 mbps.
    Any recommendations on the settings that would improve it and still be a decent file size? My Internet is only 2mbps download so I can’t just leave it original.
    Thanks for any advice.
    https://youtu.be/PAYpcuZ9qHw

TheSlider
    Free Member

Read the earlier posts and people kept saying ‘can’t go wrong only paying £999. Was the trigger that price recently or am I reading that wrong ?

jaylittle
    Free Member

The 2015 trigger 4 was £999.

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Does anyone know where in the UK I can buy a 180mm brake adapter for my trigger? Like this out of stock one –

Cannondale 180mm Rear Brake Adaptor Jekyll & Scalpel 29er KP176

rascal
    Free Member

whereisthurso – just out of interest why do you want one?
    I only ask as I was after one so I could swap the front 185 for a 203, an put the 185 on the back to replace the 160. Did it without needing that part in the end.
    If that’s what you’re doing I can ping you details later…cheers

villagekid
    Free Member

Had mine (a 3) for a couple of months now after this deal persuaded me to give mountain biking a go for the first time in a decade, especially when bought on our companies cycle to work scheme! Very glad I did, it’s great fun and more than enough bike for me.

Only real gripes I have is that the Fusion dropper post now refuses to fully extend after only a couple of rides! Anyone else had this/have any ideas on how to fix this? It rises a bit but I have to manually lift the last couple of inches. Considering ditching it and getting a reverb…

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Rascal that’s exactly what I’m intending on doing. Any tips would be much appreciated. Cheers.

crazymac680
    Free Member

I’ve finally got round to weighing the parts removed when I converted to a single chain ring.
    Shifter and cable
    front mech
    3 chain rings
    bolts
    486 grams
    I installed a 52 gram chain ring
    so I’m 434 grams lighter.
    Pretty good result for £34

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Apologies if this has been said before but when I removed the shock on my trigger 4 to route a dropper cable I noticed that the cable for the shock was really chewing through the downtube at an alarming rate. I’d put on helitape in that area but it had cone through it after a month or so of riding. Worth checking this isn’t happening with yours too.

rascal
    Free Member

Thurso – did the rear rotor adaptor thing work?

whereisthurso
    Free Member

Not had a chance to try it yet. Spent Friday night getting the dropper set up and the weekend riding through the slop. Am going to try the rear adapter fix this Friday. Will let you know how it goes.

crazymac680
    Free Member

I put tape on to protect the frame from the rear shock cable too. I’ve not checked it since. It had taken a chunk out of mine too.

Good setup links trickyd
    Thanks

mark97
    Free Member

Rascal/whereisthurso, please could you let me know the fix for the brakes as I’d like to up my brakes to 203/185 f/r as well if possible. I have the trigger team with a lefty up front if that makes a difference?
    Regards
    Mark

rascal
    Free Member

mark97 – I wanted bigger rotors F&B.
    I had the 203 rotor and adaptor from my previous bike so they went up front.
    The 185 that was on the front went to the back and the 160 was ditched.
    At that point I was looking at bespoke adaptors (expensive!) but I tried various adaptors I had lying about.
    Pretty sure the one I’ve used is a 160 – kept the original Cannondale rear mount but used 2 long bolts to go through the adaptor and original mount into the frame – need to make sure they aren’t so long that they foul the rotor or chainstay under compression. Then attach caliper to the 160 adaptor. Used on a few rides now with no problems…ping me your email and I’ll send a pic.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

This is one of the best guides to setting up a Dyad I’ve tried. These numbers ar for a Jekyll but just try em for the Trigger.

Start by setting the reccommended negative and positve spring pressure and then add or subtract positive pressure until you get to 30-percent sag on the indicator. Next, add negative spring pressure until it sags to 35 percent. That is how the bike worked best for us. If you are bottoming out a lot, but you like the way the shock works, then add pressure evenly in both chambers until you only bottom once in a while each ride. Use Negative pressure to set ride height, similar to how you would normallly use low-speed compression.”
    From Pink Bike comments.

Viewing 40 posts - 761 through 800 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.