Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,121 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger? Bargain
  • longmover
    Free Member

If I decide to go tubeless on the trigger 4 do I just need to install the supplied valve and some sealant or will I need rim strips as well?

binners

alpin – they’re a really compact frame design. They’ve got bags of standover. Its has to be worth a punt on the small. I reckon she’d be reet. They’ve still got the 3’s left in small, which are stupendously good value

mttm
    Free Member

longmover – wheel rims are already taped, so yep, jut add sealant and valves and you’re good to go.

longmover
    Free Member

Thanks mttm, I will probably do that next week then.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

I’ve joined the ‘dale love-in. Just ordered a Jekyll Carbon 2 to go with my 2013 Alloy Trigger 1 that I got from Paul’s last year. I’m feeling the Lefty love. Even got one on my Bad Boy.

alpin
    Free Member

cheers binners…..

she’s just got back to me insisting that she is 160cm high.

maybe with a shorter stem it may fit, but suppose she could shift the frame on for next to no loss if it doesn’t fit….

pjbarton
    Free Member

eddiebaby, I’ve been telling a mate the Jekyll Carbon 2 is a killer deal – he’s a bit less sensible than me, I think it’d suit him. Any idea of the weight?

I tubeless’d up the Mavics last night, went well with a compressor

yossarianlives
    Free Member

Took my shiny new Trigger 4 out for its maiden run today, ended up extremely impressed. I was worried about my choice of size (I’m 5’11” and plumped for the medium) but apart from feeling a tiny bit cramped on the climbs it fits great, certainly nothing that can’t be solved with a new stem. For anyone sitting on the fence on this one, take a punt. It’s one hell of a bike for a grand!

parkesie
    Free Member

Xl Carbon 2 running tubeless but otherwise stock weighs in at 13.5kg on my bathroom scales.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Hammerite…… Those woods look very familiar, is it Chicksands?

fedormega
    Free Member

Warning to other people like me who don’t pay enough attention… if your going 1x setup the BCD of the new shimano cranks is 96 NOT 104 (apparently they changed it for more efficiency for 650b & 29ers)

Not much choice of 96 BCD narrow wide chainrings around either

eddiebaby
    Free Member

So my new Jekyll arrives next Wednesday with carbon cranks. What those little protective booty things called? I think they may be a good call.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Ordered! Thanks. I get a bit nervous entering booty into a search engine 😯

dbcooper
    Free Member

The spec on the Trigger 4 says ISCG 03 – wtf? Never heard of it, will ISCG 05 fit?

cokie

Yup, obviously ISCG has to have two standards(!); ISCG05 and ISCG03 (also know as ISCG old).
    They are different sizes so they aren’t compatible. They do make ISCG03 to ISCG05 adapters. Can mess with the spacing somewhat though..

To be fair- the reason there are two standards is because different FS designs would fowl on 03 so they made 05 for them.

dbcooper
    Free Member

Ahh OK 03 is the same as OLD then?

cokie
    crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

aaaand….

crashtestmonkey
    Free Member

500 😉

hammerite
    Free Member

Very observant Bigbloke, spot on.

torsoinalake
    Free Member

Does anyone else’s shock sound like there is a ping pong ball in the frame when it is in Elevate mode?

Thought it was a cable at first, but if you sit still on the bike and then bounce the suspension up and down, it comes and goes as you flick the switch between modes.

bigbloke
    Free Member

Hammerite, it’s my local spot. 🙂

Kato

torsoinalake – Member
    Does anyone else’s shock sound like there is a ping pong ball in the frame when it is in Elevate mode?

Nope. Silent

It did squeak a lot until I put silicon grease of the sag indicator

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Try emptying the shock of air and reset the pressures again. I found mine made noises if the negative was too close to the positive pressure

catfishsalesco
    Free Member

1×11 from me other bike, XTR trail brakes, 30T narrow wide, KS southpaw lever (waste of money, next time I’m gutting an old shifter) and some meatier rubber (tubeless).

andylc
    Free Member

Anyone fancy a Jekyll but without the fork? I only need a set of Pikes but I’m almost tempted to buy the full bike…

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Schwiiiing!

Can anyone confirm what versiom i-spec brakes and shifters these bikes come with?

granny_ring

Any idea on weight catfish?
    The more I see that version the more I weaken..

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

27.6lbs

granny_ring

Ta.

YoKaiser
    Free Member

Chunky that even looks good, I thought it was an awkward looking bike but that looks great.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Photos don’t do it justice. Much nicer and beefier in the flesh.

alpin
    Free Member

What length stem do they come with?
    Have just ordered a Trigger 3 in small for my short-arse friend. Hopefully it’s small enough…

PROLINE85
    Free Member

alpin, the Trigger 4’s come with a 60mm C4 stem, (at least mine did). Looking at pics of the Trigger 3’s they also seem to come with a 60mm stem, although a few people have mentioned an 80mm stem, so might be pot luck on the bike you get.

alpin
    Free Member

cool… could gain 30mm there. she’s 160cm high, so as compact a frame as poss is needed.

ajc
    Free Member

My xl came with 80 mm stem. Not much choice out there for replacements so ended up with a Thompson x4 45mm at great expense.

slimjim78
    Free Member

Anyone got any more feedback on the shock performance? Noticing any difference over a standard ‘push’ shock?

It looks quite a chunky shock, does it protrude much either side of the frame?

PROLINE85
    Free Member

The shock feels great, it’s got a good deal of support, pedals well and I’ve not noticed it sticking out (width wise). The short travel mode is fantastic as well. I wasn’t expecting that much but have been really pleasantly surprised with the ride quality, I prefer it to the Cove Hustler that I had. Really amazing for the money 🙂

Goldigger
    Free Member

Trigger 2 owners, what’s the crossroc wheels like? With the euro beeing nearly 1.4 to the pound im tempted to get a pair for £205…

Viewing 40 posts - 481 through 520 (of 2,121 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger? Bargain’ is closed to new replies.