Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Cannondale Trigger
  • garage-dweller

Any owners about? I have been umming and aahing over getting an fs bike again for a while now. Was thinking maybe later in the year but stumbled across the trigger 3 2014 29r at 1500 off and thought

1 oooh bargain then
    2 it’s still in stock in April despite 45% off maybe it’s pants…although it looks nice to me

Intended use would be for the odd trip to rockier places and more regularly for trail centre / more interesting shorter rides.

I am fairly heavy but not overly talented so lean towards being a little over biked / skill compensated.

Bregante

HtS will be along shortly. He seems to be enjoying his and it certainly looks very nice.

nickc

the rear shock has been on the receiving end of much journalistic kicking.

monkeyp

2 mates have 26er versions and they are very nice. The 29ers are very heavy in comparison. The 26ers are verging on xc bike weight for the higher models.

Nice to ride on trail centres though, but I would still head for the smaller wheel on this bike (and I have two cannondale 29ers, so was surprised)

garage-dweller

I had seen the shock comments, which was part of my paranoia / concern.

I don’t have time to ride a much as I would like so unreliable kit is a big no no. Ok if it wants a service twice a year but not if it spends half the time being warrantied or fixed Especially as it doesn’t look exactly standard

nickc

TBH I like the look of it, but when there are just as capable bikes out there, without largely untried technology required to make the rear work properly, it’s a difficult sell (to me any way)

shame, looks nice

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

Dyad on my Jekyll. Er, that’s it. Set it up ( easy) and let it work. 2 stages of travel does work well. Only thing I have isues with is cleaning the shaft( I sit on the bike, wife dabs with a rag) and setting up sag height is a bit fiddly.
    Keeps weight low in the frame and large pivots keep the back end stiff

Garry_Lager

Only heard gushing positivity wrt the dyad shock – what’s been said different?
    I have one on my jekyll and while it’s certainly something to do a bit of research on, it’s the last thing I’d worry about with a CDale bike. Maybe 4 years ago you’d be reticent dropping a couple of grand to be a beta tester, but it’s now a proven technology.

Not ridden a trigger but that is a phenomenal price for a beautiful bike. I’d be all over that if I was running one bike to rule them all – running more than one bike, though, I’m not 100% sure on where it fits in.

Are those wheels any good on it? I’ve just bought an anthem 29er that’s generally excellent, but I’m really noticing the mediocrity of the stock wheelset. Like with a 26er I’d be OK tolerating it until I had some spare cash, with the 29er it’s an asap priority to sort out.

garage-dweller

A couple of the reviews I found mentioned switch issues and some warranty returns.

Wheels are wtb race i23 on x9 hubs not sure if that’s good or not.

One things for sure if I buy this any other spending on parts is out for at least a year!

monkeyp

A couple of hundred more gets you this

http://www.paulscycles.co.uk/m1b65s1p5384/CANNONDALE-TRIGGER-CARBON-2-2013

Much much more bike and my mate has been raving about it. It is so light for what it is and over £2k off!

wobbliscott
    Free Member

The 29″ trigger was one of the bikes in the mix when I was looking 2 years ago. Not a bad review of it or the shock at the time. No real reason why I down selected to the bike I got over it other than softer reasons like spec for the buget and availability and the fact I would have wanted the Lefty Supermax model which was very pricey at the time. I’m sure if I got one I’d be raving about it.

Harry_the_Spider

I’ve got one. I like it.

Can’t fault it for the money.

Compared to the 2005 Specialzed FSR that it replaced it climbs and descends better. It is not discernibly any heavier either.

The shock did worry me at first, but my previous Fox kit has never let me down.

It looks rather smart too.

Bloggage

Harry_the_Spider

If you are in Manchester you can have a sit on mine.

Also, watch the sizing as it is quite short in “the Cockpit” and after some advice I went for the Large as I prefer not to be too crunched up. I’m 5’11” and fall between Medium and Large.

Also, Also. Apart from the shock the rest of the kit is Shimano. A selling point for me as 1) I rarely break Shimano stuff. 2) If I do it doesn’t make me cry when I have to replace it.

Also, also ,also. Getting 430 psi into that shock may cause you to have a heart attack 😉

chojin
    Free Member

I so so so so nearly pulled the trigger on one of these.

They look like a fantastic piece of kit. Go for it so I can live vicariously.

Harry_the_Spider

The only fault I can find is its name.

In America this is a Trigger.

Whereas here it is this.

Neither of which are particularly appealing.

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Loving my Trigger29 1. Can’t fault it. MAYBE the Crests are a bit flexy for a bike with this much potential but that is based on comments of a mate who rides a lot harder bthan I do.

Harry_the_Spider

Just seen this in the OP

stumbled across the trigger 3 2014 29r

Mine is a Trigger 4.

£1600 from Pauls Cycles.

nickc

Getting 430 psi into that shock

😯

Harry_the_Spider

It took a while. My little Halfords pump got there eventually but I had a sweat on!

garage-dweller

😯 80 80

430 psi my shock pump only has 300 on the dial.

Thanks for all your comments. .HTS and Eddie thanks for the owners view too

The 3 is at my Lbs which is an added appeal but also a negotiating point given deals above if I pull the trtrigger….

Thinking hat on now 🙂

granny_ring

How many pump strokes to get that LOL

dti

I have the 26 model – great!
    shock pump supplied with bike.

Harry_the_Spider

How many pump strokes to get that LOL

Not that many, but the last few were like trying to crush a golf ball with my bare hands.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

My Jekyll came with the pump, so no golf ball destruction was required here. I am 5ft 10 and went for a medium. Like HTS says about the top tube being quite short, although I decided I wanted a bike with more ‘damage limitation’ and shorter, to be off the saddle easier when descending. It does feel weird riding when everything else I have is a lot longer on the TT, but you get used to it. One thing is I do catch my knee protectors on the bars occasionally. But need better ones than I have to cure that.

Viewing 24 posts - 1 through 24 (of 24 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trigger’ is closed to new replies.