Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannondale Trail SL Sizing… XL too big at 6'1" / 34" inside leg..?!
  • househusband

Mildly tempted to get the Cannondale Trail SL SS as on offer at a few places but in XL only.

I’m 6’1″ with 34″ inside leg (reasonably well proportioned?) so wondering whether this would be too big for me.

Any experiences, comments or thoughts?

The-Swedish-Chef
    Free Member

I’m 6.2″ with a 32 in-seam and a have a L Flash with a normal/fair amount of post showing and a 110 stem, so an XL might well be OK, thought I’d want to at least sit on one first to make sure.

Thrustyjust
    Free Member

33 leg and looking at medium Cannondales. Have a medium Jekyll and I ‘think’ the large, let alone XL would be too big for me, although stand over isn’t much in it.

Russell96

Got the Trail SL SS in Large I’m 6ft2 with a 33 inside leg

bigbloke
    Free Member

I am 6ft “just” with 31.5″ inside leg and ride a medium frame

househusband

Thanks all.

Sounds like I’d be better on a Large.

Damn!

BigCol
    Free Member

I have an XL. I’m 6’4″ tall but with an inside leg a smidgen under 39″. My top of saddle to BB centre is 87cm. I run a fair bit of post though – probably not far of the max on a 400mm post. Sounds like you might be better on a L maybe?

househusband

Sounds like you might be better on a L maybe?

It does indeed! It’s a bike I’ve nearly bought for the last few years; the previous year’s model in the sales – will wait and hopefully pick up a 2015 model when the 2016’s come out…!

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

I’ve got a 2014 model. Size medium and I’m 5″10″ with 32″ inside leg. I find the sizing spot on.

Right now it’s setup for winter riding with Spesh Storm Control tyres. In the summer I run a 2.35 Hans Dampf on the fronts, setup tubeless at a low-ish pressure it takes a lot of the harshness out of the front rigid fork. I run a 2.2 Racing Ralph on the rear in summer and this combination seems to work well (for me anyway).

I swapped out the standard, own brand brakes for XT after one ride. I also changed the cranks as I had some spare Middleburn Unos in the shed. Since then II’ve also changed the bars to Rethall Fat Bar Lites. Other than that it’s all standard 😉

Overall, great bike for the money and worthy of the odd upgrade.

dbukdbuk
    Free Member

Oh and I got mine for £530 in the sales so a definite bargain.

househusband

Oh and I got mine for £530 in the sales so a definite bargain.

Indeed! Directors, mmm…

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Trail SL Sizing… XL too big at 6'1" / 34" inside leg..?!’ is closed to new replies.