Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Cannondale Super X 2016 or what else?
  • budgierider67

I want a bit of a do-it-all bike that I can use to commute on bridleways & towpaths, have a play up the Malverns & Long Mynd and be decent on the road too.
    There are some bargains to be had on the Super X models at the moment. A quality carbon frame & Shimano 105 or Ultegra bits. I’d rather have thru bolt and internal cables but you can’t have everything. Are there any other bikes for the < £1700 I should be considering?

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Norco Threshold carbon?

Internal routing, thru axle etc.

The SuperX is a full CX race machine.

bensales
    Free Member

I love my SuperX but as ChunkyMTB says, it’s a full-on race bike. Very short wheel-base, and ‘lively’ with it. I even get loads of toe-verlap too. No provision for mudguards either should you wish.

Sounds like you’re really after a gnarmac bike, not a CX one.

wiggles
    Free Member

A bit over budget but the diverge comp carbon is under £1900 at the moment. Carbon, bolt through axles, shimano hydro’s and much more suitable for what you want than a super-x

yourguitarhero
    Free Member

Rose do a carbon cyclo-cross, though it’s more like gravel/adventure geometry.

I have an aluminium one and love it.

They come with nice wheels

budgierider67

Ok cheers. After what you’ve said I’ve been looking at the GT Grade Carbon which I really like the look of.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Super X 2016 or what else?’ is closed to new replies.