Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Cannondale Super Six 105
  • burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Thinking about buying this years Super Six in the sales. road.cc and bike radar reviews are really favourable, I’ve tried it out at my LBS and feels a good fit. Anyone on here have one?

Current bike is a B’Twin Triban 5a so think it might be a decent upgrade.

j40aja
    Free Member

I was looking at the Super Six 105 and looks a brilliant bike but quite a racey geometry so am going to go for the Synapse Carbon 105 which is a bit more relaxed once I’ve saved up some pennies!
    If I went for the Super Six I’d try and get one in the Cannondale colours and it looks really nice. The BTwin seems to get good reviews but the C’dale is a definitely a step up!

Kuco

I’ve had a super six for a couple of years now and was very surprised at how comfortable it is over long periods. I find it’s great for a quick hour blast right up to 5+ hour rides.

The only niggle i’ve ever had with it is the BB30 but the bearing were replaced under warranty. I’m tempted to replace it with a Praxis converter when this set of bearings wear out but other than that I love it.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Kuco – the feedback does seem to be that for a race bike it is a really comfortable bike when you don’t want to hammer it.

j40aja – I’ve also looked at the Synapse but I’m only 34 so in my head I think the flexibility and stretch isn’t an issue yet. 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

It’s more to do with core strength than flexibility, most people can touch their toes, I doubt racers are much more felxible than average. I can get my palms flat on the floor!

I’ve an ageing (1.1/8 external headset, how retro!) CAAD4, and whilst the frame is lovely and comfortable, as I’ve not ridden for quite a while it gives me back/shoulder/neck/arm ache on long rides as my arms are doing all the suppurting, not my back/core. The simple solution is to flip the stem ‘up’ untill I’m stronger again but that’s not asteticaly pleasing!

mooman
    Free Member

I got a supersix HM. Lovely and comfy bike. You can alter stem/seat post to make it as comfy as you like, it not as if you can’t change these things to suit.

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

So I bought the bike today. Pick it up sometime next week when I find out what I’m working. Thanks for the advice troops.

doctorgnashoidz
    Free Member

Where did you get it from?

burnsybhoy
    Free Member

Sprockets Cycles in Kilmarnock.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale Super Six 105’ is closed to new replies.