Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Cannondale slate psa
  • seifahmad
    Free Member

Just seen wheelbase have some good deals on the cannondale slate bikes. Very tempting to buy one at the reduced price.
    Any one riding one at the moment and have any reviews?

parkesie
    Free Member

Thats not helping my no more bikes rule

Dansk1

Just checking the larges in stock would absolutely? not fit someone 185cm tall with 85cm inside leg?

shedbrewed
    Free Member

Review here https://www.bikerumor.com/2017/01/03/review-cannondale-slate-road-bike-just-much-fun/ by rider your (and my) height. On an XL.
    I must resist. I love the Slate for the kookiness but see several flaws in it too.

seifahmad
    Free Member

Looking further at this looks like the oem tyres are a bit pants.
    Anyone used schwalbes g one speed tyres?
    Looking seriously at buying but might want to spend some saved money on lighter wheels.

jobro
    Free Member

I’ve often thought that the Slate could be the perfect British “rough stuff” type bike but IMHO they’ve got it wrong by going for a narrowish 650B wheel set when what would be ideal is a frameset that will accommodate a 700C wheel that will take up to 40ishmm tyres and 50ishmm on a 650B wheel set.
    Much like the Reily’s and Masons.
    I accept that a 2 inch tyre on a short suspension rough stuff bike is so close to an mtb hardtail that it is difficult to separate the functions of both.

splorer

I bought the XL 105 version some months back, about your dimensions, Dansk1, fits very well . I hasten to add I got a good deal. I did change out the the stock tyres for the Schwalbe G-One and converted to tubeless. There are lots of farm tracks and fire roads near where I live that make for nice loops.

I would have had many of the same doubts as some as to it’s quirks,
    but I have to say I have really enjoyed it over the last while, and as the blurb says it’s just fun.

slightreturn
    Free Member

I have the slate force 1 in black. I love playing out on it. I only go out two hours or so at a time. Great for thrashing around in local woods/ roads/ track etc. I have a large. 6ft tall. I now run schwalbe G-one tyres. And a shorter stem. 80mm

slightreturn
    Free Member

And yes. They are big reductions at wheelbase

seifahmad
    Free Member

How do you find the stock wheels? And have you done any longer rides – how did it seem with other road riders? Looks like the geometry is fairly close to the supersix.
    Also for the force 1 guys how does the range of the cassette feel?

Dansk1

Retreating from internet and hiding credit cards . . . . .

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale slate psa’ is closed to new replies.