Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Cannondale SL29er Single speed – any good?
  • magowen100
    Free Member

Having seen the piccy of the SL29er on the STW homepage page the other day I’m a bit smitten but was wondering what’s it like to ride?
    Does anyone know if it has rack mounts? I’m after a SS to geared convertible 29er and this looks the ticket…
    Cheers
    Matt

shifter
    Free Member

I was under the impression that it was new for 2013.

shifter
    Free Member

Doh, just spotted it on Cannondale’s website.

Hedgehopper

Photos show the 2012 model has rack mounts(and that model is available for £420 in the sales at the minute).

magowen100
    Free Member

Hedgehopper – I’d seen the offer, it was part of the reason I asked the question!
    I just haven’t been able to find out too much about the bike itself. I’ve seen the mounts on the seatstays just can’t make out if there are any on the dropouts.

akira

Also not sure if you can run it geared.

magowen100
    Free Member

Akira – I’ve read somewhere on tinterweb that its exactly the same frame as the normal sl3 29er so only needs a new drop out to run gears but I’m not sure it that’s correct…

ratherbeintobago

Akira – I’ve read somewhere on tinterweb that its exactly the same frame as the normal sl3 29er so only needs a new drop out to run gears but I’m not sure it that’s correct…

The SS has an EBB; the normal one doesn’t. Don’t know about the dropouts.

Andy

Rorschach
    Free Member

It has’nt got any gear cable stops.

magowen100
    Free Member

Arsch!
    Surely there some sort of widget you can buy????
    A cheap SS to geared alu frame with rack mounts would be ideal for my commute.

lovebadger
    Free Member

Sounds like a prime candidate for an Alfine gear hub with full cable outers. It would make a great low-maintenance winter bike.

Where is it for £420?

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

I’ve never ridden one but in STW style i’m not letting that interfere with my oppinion!

1.5″ steerer tube on aluminium rigid forks? Do you hate your wrists enough?

magowen100
    Free Member

TINAS – ride to work is along the a gravel path by the fjord – so thinking it might be ok. Wouldn’t use it for anything too gnar but should be able to cope with the Norwegian winters (I hope).

cyclistm
    Free Member

It looks stunning. I asked in Evans and they said they have only had 1 Cannondale 29er in and that was geared.

Presumably Cannondale not pushing 29ers in the UK much?

Hedgehopper

£420 at Triton Cycles.

Linky

lovebadger
    Free Member

Many thanks Hedgehopper!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Cannondale SL29er Single speed – any good?’ is closed to new replies.